Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello , i got my spouse visa under old rules on july 2012 . i came to uk on aug 17, 2012. since then i have been living in the uk except a 3 week holiday to america this summer to visit my family. i plan to visit them again next summer. my question is how many weeks outside uk is considered a holiday? if i go for 6 weeks next year will that be considered a holiday ( i can prove the reason as my family is settled there and there are two weddings over the span of 6 weeks to attend)
2nd: if i spend in total 9 weeks out of two years ,out of uk when i apply for ilr will i have to wait 9 weeks after 2 years of my entry to uk (minus 28 days) to apply or ignore this time spent outside of uk and apply after 2 years (minus 28 days).
thanks in advance

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No hard-and-fast rule, but generally what you get in paid annual leave would be fine. If you were to go away for 3 months with half unpaid, that might be different.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I am still confused about when my irl is due. Should I go for 17th aug 2014 (exactly 2 years after I first entered?)

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Up to 28 days before the second anniversary of your UK entry under the current visa, so up to 4 weeks before 17th August 2014 or from 20th July 2014 onwards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.