Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've almost done my five years on the FLRM route, and I'm preparing to apply for indefinite leave to remain in December. I'm a bit worried about the financial requirement. Here's why.

- I started my own limited company in June, and am self-employed.
- My spouse was a full-time teacher until last month. We moved across the country and he's struggled to find teaching jobs here. He's going to start supply work this month.
- He had a £40k salary in his former position.
- I make £5k each month (after taxes) in my company.

My question is, whose finances can we use? I've already made over £20k in my work since the tax year started, but I don't have a full financial year of earnings as I've just started the company. Even if my spouse got a full time job now making over £18k, the guidance suggests he needs to have held it for 6 months prior. We don't have enough in savings to go that route.

Any suggestions would be so gratefully received! Last time it was so simple because we both had salaried jobs. Now I can't seem to work it out. Thank you so much in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Even after re-reading the financial guidance appendix, I'm still confused about how we could combine them (if that's even possible for our case). Anyone had a similar situation or know what we should do? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry guys I don't want to be needy but can anyone help please? Or is our case too complicated and I need to get a solicitor? Please?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.