Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I hope you're all well. I am back as I'm in process of filling out my ILR application via the 5 year spouse route. I would like some assistance with the following:

-Is it required by the applicant to provide their original birth certificate with translation?
-What is a 'sponsor declaration'?
-Would it be reasonable to add a cover letter by the applicant stating my reasons to stay in the UK etc?

Could anyone also please guide me with regards to a part of the application regarding social and cultural ties, it asks if I am part of any social groups back home or have any cultural ties to it? If I say no it asks me why I wouldn't be able to integrate in that country, however, thats not the case either as I was able integrate all the years that I lived there.

Thank you

Kind regards,

Fizza

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
No, you don't need a birth certificate

Sponsor declaration is a link you will get in the application form itself - The sponsor needs to sign it, to confirm you are in a relationship

You really don't need a cover letter unless you have some unusual or human rights grounds which need to be considered if your visa is refused for some reason. If you meet the requirements then it's inconsequential

If you would in fact be able to re-integrate into your home country, you can state "I would be able to if needed". Again this question is only of any value if the application is refused and needs to be considered under human rights grounds

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

In the application it asks if my husband and I would be able to live outside the UK if necessary. Is this question consequential to the application? The answer for it could be a yes or no depending on the circumstances. Please help, thank you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've always said yes, we could live outside the UK (as it is true) It's never stopped me being granted a visa. This is only said as my own experience, I can't guarantee anybody else of anything.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fizzb88

Hi everyone,

I've finished my application (haven't submitted it as yet), as I'm waiting on a few documents to come through the post.

I have a query regarding my husband's employment:

He meets the minimum threshold and has been with the same employer for more than 6 months, so we're attaching evidence of 6 months of salary and payslips. The employment letter has been issued as well, and it will be within 28 days of when I submit the application online.

During this time he was in the process of doing interviews with another company, and just a few days ago ended up accepting that role and resigning from the current one on a one month's notice. I will submit the application before this notice period ends.

I have decided to write a cover letter explaining this situation, as technically he is still working for his current employer so the financial evidence will be based on this role, but I will also attach the contract for his new job as I believe by the time an immigration officer looks at my application he would be working for the new company.

I would really appreciate it if someone could confirm if this is okay, and would suffice?

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Please, don't do any of that. He CANNOT rely on a job he hasn't started, even informally.

Evidence for the new job cannot taken into account at all because a) it is occurring after he submits his application, and b) he will not have the required evidence to use it for the financial requirement (just a contract isn't good enough).

You have two reasonable choices: Either don't mention the new job at all (if he's still with his old employer at the time he has to submit the application form), or wait until he has at least 1 payslip/deposit/employer letter under his new job, and apply under Category B instead.

If you submit evidence about a job he hasn't started, you will alert the caseworker to the fact that he's no longer employed at the job stated on the application and it could cause the application to be refused.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fizzb88

Gosh, this gave me a mini heart attack.

I surely cannot wait till he starts the new job because my visa would be long expired by then. He will still be in the current role by the time I submit my application so I'll just stick to the current employment then.

It just makes me think, when the case worker does go through the documents, is there ever a chance of them calling the employer for verification? Because by then his job would've terminated.

Thank you so much, lol always best to ask here!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Gosh, this gave me a mini heart attack.

I surely cannot wait till he starts the new job because my visa would be long expired by then. He will still be in the current role by the time I submit my application so I'll just stick to the current employment then.

It just makes me think, when the case worker does go through the documents, is there ever a chance of them calling the employer for verification? Because by then his job would've terminated.

Thank you so much, lol always best to ask here!
As Clever Octopus says, I think you need to base the documentation, source of income etc on the situation as at the date you submit the application. Therefore submit the application quickly whilst he is still employed by his present employer and nothing has yet changed.. The information will thus be correct at the date of submission.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fizzb88

As Clever Octopus says, I think you need to base the documentation, source of income etc on the situation as at the date you submit the application. Therefore submit the application quickly whilst he is still employed by his present employer and nothing has yet changed.. The information will thus be correct at the date of submission.
Yes, thank you. I'm still waiting on a few utility bills to show correspondence but I will be submitting it this week.

Thanks for your help, everyone!

·
Registered
10 Posts
They phoned my employer to confirm what he said in his letter. How long Id worked here, what was my pay, was it permanent etc.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fizzb88

They phoned my employer to confirm what he said in his letter. How long Id worked here, what was my pay, was it permanent etc.

Thanks cowin. This is why I wanted to know what to do if they call the employer and by that time he has started the new job?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fizzb88

Hi everyone,

I would appreciate it if someone can let me know whether the following documents (and sources) would be sufficient for joint correspondence (My FLR expired in Feb 2018)

These are all *joint* letters:

February 2018- Tenancy agreement for flat

April 2018- Council tax bill (joint) & Home office letter saying FLR has been granted

July 2018-SW Energy bill

November 2018-Thames Water bill

April 2019- Council tax bill

August 2019-Tenancy extension

December 2019-Thames water bill

April 2020- Council tax bill

September 2020-Affinity water bill (new address)

This is what I have so far. Would really appreciate a reply, thank you!

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
(My FLR expired in Feb 2018)
Can you explain the significance of this?

Your documentation looks perfectly fine, sources are good and spacing is even

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fizzb88

Can you explain the significance of this?

Your documentation looks perfectly fine, sources are good and spacing is even
Thanks, clever-octopus!

It just signifies the reason correspondence starts from Feb 2018.

In reasons to stay in the UK, I've mentioned my daughters. Is it sufficient to provide their birth certoficates as evidence of that? We've recently moved areas and COVID has made it impossible to get registered at the GP as they have a huge backlog, this means I do not have a GP letter to add to their evidence. If necessary, I can get a letter from my daughter's school to state she's attending nursery there?

Thank you

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fizzb88

Hi everyone,

I've got the documents ready for the application to be submitted. Could someone please confirm whether these look okay? Thank you

-Applicant's passport (current and old showing settlement visas in last 5 years)
-Applicant's biometric residence permit
-Sponsor's passport
-Signed declaration by sponsor

-Document supporting reasons to stay (both children's birth certificates, older daughter's copy of passport)

-Mortgage statements under both sponsor & applicant's name
-Council tax bills under both sponsor & applicant's name

-Jointly addressed correspondence letters covering the last 2.5 years

-Employment letter for sponsor covering all the details required
-Last 6 months pay slips (most recent pay slip being from 26th September 2020 going back to April 2020)
-Corresponding 6 months bank statements

-Screenshot of Life in the UK test
-IELTS test certificate

Please let me know if any thing needs to be amended or added.

Thank you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts