Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a thread about a month ago which has now been closed, so I can't provide an update on it.
In summary I have been diagnosed and treated for cancer sinse undertaking my medical (full cure expected ). We then had our visas granted. I hadn't notified our caseworker as receiving treatment had been my priority.

The question I asked was whether I needed to disclose.
The advice was that the correct thing to do and legal requirement was to disclose.

An update to the above (mods - please feel free to merge).

I completed a form 1022, wrote a covering letter outlining my diagnosis and treatments including timelines. Also scanned all letters of diagnosis and treatment from the doctors that I have seen.

I then emailed these to my caseworker and asked if I needed to disclose, and if so was I following the correct procedure.

Received an email back from my caseworker saying that my application has been finalised based on prior medical results and that I do not need to advice of changes in circumstances after the visa has been granted.

Not what I was expecting.

Do I accept this or challenge?
Don't want to have issues in the future.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Accept this and move forward mjr_

Reactions: mjr_
G

·
Accept and enjoy your life in Australia. You did as you should have and now no questions can be raised as the visa is issued and save CO reply :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Better book some flights - chemo ends late January and only have until mid Feb to activate visa.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Some of us including me told you it was rather unnecessary... and some others were showing immigration rules from ComLaw book. The CO's reply to you shows that, above everything else, there is a commion-sense approach in dealing most things. Your CO did a great job, enjoy your time in Australia.

Reactions: Ali33
G

·
Some of us including me told you it was rather unnecessary... and some others were showing immigration rules from ComLaw book. The CO's reply to you shows that, above everything else, there is a commion-sense approach in dealing most things. Your CO did a great job, enjoy your time in Australia.
You may believe it unnecessary but it is the not telling when you are meant to that lands you in trouble . As you can see declared and all ok. To not declare and be found out shows bad character and possible visa fraud in the eyes if DIAC.

No idea why some, including you, seem so scared of following the rules when as shown they are not there to deny or torture you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts