Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long is the ILETS A1 life skills test certificate valid for? and how soon after you receive the ceritificate you should apply?

·
Registered
579 Posts
2 years. As soon as you're ready to.

·
Registered
117 Posts
How long is the ILETS A1 life skills test certificate valid for? and how soon after you receive the ceritificate you should apply?
Hi Princess

Is the IELTS A1 Life Skills the one needed for spouse visa? Have you done the test and they confirmed it to you?

I have been told by a friend that he took IELTS General Training for spouse visa but I don't think that's necessary and it's more expensive!

Hope to hear from you. Thanks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi Princess

Is the IELTS A1 Life Skills the one needed for spouse visa? Have you done the test and they confirmed it to you?

I have been told by a friend that he took IELTS General Training for spouse visa but I don't think that's necessary and it's more expensive!

Hope to hear from you. Thanks.
My wife did General training, it was tough, she attempted it twice, obviously A1 is easier and less to do ie no reading and writting(even though not required)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi armani
The minimum requirement for the spouse visa is speaking and listening so this will be the ILELTS A1 life skills test. My husband will be taking this exam soon and from my research this is the English language requirement. The general training does not apply to this but can still be accepted I guess

·
Registered
579 Posts
A1 Life Skills was introduced on April 6 by IELTS that's why anyone previously taking the test would have taken the General Training test, which also covers reading and writing, but is more difficult.

My wife had to take it as well and thankfully, passed first time at B1.

If you get a pass at B1 level it means you won't need to retake the English language test in the UK (depending on the current immigration rules at that time) when applying for ILR.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Will our spouses be able to use the previous IELTS General certificate for FLR because the general one is no longer on the approved list.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.