Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So the application has been processed & my husband has his biometrics on Wednesday..
Paid the $1491 but wasn't directed anywhere to pay the IHS?!
Where do I go to pay this & when does it need to be paid? Before the biometric appointment?

Please advise? Slightly confused as I thought it would be all included in one transaction.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey viita. did you fill the online application yourself. If yes how long does it take and is it difficult. Keep us updated please. Wish you best of luck.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey viita. did you fill the online application yourself. If yes how long does it take and is it difficult. Keep us updated please. Wish you best of luck.
Hey!

I was on the phone with him whilst he did it..
It isn't hard just some questions are worded a bit strange but it's fine.

Biometrics are on Wednesday for my hubby at 1pm - documents being submitted next week Friday priority!

:)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also quick question..

When filling out the application form we put Sponsors address as my current residence - not where we are going to live if successful. We listed that address as where he'll be staying with my mums details.

Thats okay isn't it? I don't live at my mums yet as I am waiting for him to get here and currently have a room in a house that I rent.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
That's fine. The Home Office realises that housing situations can and do change on a moment's notice, so indicating your current (ie as of this morning) address is totally fine. Who's to say that the place you live in isn't destroyed by an earth quake or a fire on Monday afternoon and you have to move out whilst major works are under way to get the building inhabitable again? You're being forced out involuntarily and the HO understands this could happen, thus your current course of action is totally fine. :)

I know that it's easier said than done, but please try not to worry or over think things.

Good Luck to you!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's fine. The Home Office realises that housing situations can and do change on a moment's notice, so indicating your current (ie as of this morning) address is totally fine. Who's to say that the place you live in isn't destroyed by an earth quake or a fire on Monday afternoon and you have to move out whilst major works are under way to get the building inhabitable again? You're being forced out involuntarily and the HO understands this could happen, thus your current course of action is totally fine. :)

I know that it's easier said than done, but please try not to worry or over think things.

Good Luck to you!
Thank you SO much!

I am overthinking I hate it hahaha.. I just feel anxious but it'll all be okay.
It's all documented in our application pack with the permission letter from my parents so I need to RELAX! Thank god two days after we send it off we are on our honeymoon for a week and a half to put it at the back of our mind! We're doing it priority and they are being pretty quick with those app's at the moment so hopefully we come back to good news!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys,

So on the IHS website & the first question is are you applying from within the UK which is a no as hubby is in NY.

It asks what visa application centre we're applying through?

I do not know what to put? Is this the centre where my husband is going for his biometrics?

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Sheffield, as that's where the application will be sent.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey,

Sheffield isn't here as a location?

I don't understand why they can't be straight forward with this website its driving me crazy.

He's not applying from the UK & sheffield isn't there as a Visa application centre so I don't know where to go?

Has nobody else had this issue?

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Hey,

Sheffield isn't here as a location?

I don't understand why they can't be straight forward with this website its driving me crazy.

He's not applying from the UK & sheffield isn't there as a Visa application centre so I don't know where to go?

Has nobody else had this issue?
I think that immigration departments the world over are in cahoots with each other and, collectively, are deliberately going out of their way to frustrate, confuse and annoy us all.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi guys,

Neither Sheffield or the British Consulate are appearing in the dropdown box..

This is the page I am currently still on..

http://postimg.org/image/o3g019h0b/

I can see all the BRP centres in NY which is why I asked if I select where he's going for his biometrics..

Sheffield or ANY UK location doesn't show.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think that immigration departments the world over are in cahoots with each other and, collectively, are deliberately going out of their way to frustrate, confuse and annoy us all.
It's just so frustrating!! I can't imagine how confusing it is for someone when English isn't their first language!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I called the help line for Imigration and they've told me because he's not in the UK it's the biometric centre you are doing your fingerprints and photos at?

Can anyone clarify?

I really don't want to pay and get it wrong.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.