Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working here in the UK for 2 years,i have been paying taxes and National insurance,i will need to apply for FLR(M) extention in september,do i have to pay for IHS ?

also,i am considering to apply by post,but at the same time i dont want to risk my job as my visa might expire before they reach a decision,will they give me a certificate of application to show my company?

what are all costs to apply using the premuim service now,as when i applied last time i did not have to pay for appointment.

I appreciate all help i always find in this forum.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It depends on where you are applying from. The UK.gov website has a tool where you can determine if, and how much, you are required to pay for IHS. If you need to pay the IHS, you pay it online prior to applying and then include the IHS reference number in your FLR(M) form.

If you apply by post prior to your current visa expiring, your leave is extended, under section 3c of immigration act, until a decision is reached on your application. This includes the appeal process, if applicable. You won't get a certificate, but send your application by special delivery and keep the receipt as proof of posting. You will (hopefully) also get a letter from the home office acknowledging receipt of your application which I'm sure your employer can use to confirm you are covered under section 3c leave. Search for "section 3c leave guidance" and the first pdf document has important information on 3c leave which you should have a look at.

FLR(M) application by post is currently £649 and the cost to make a premium service application is an extra £400.

I'm no expert, this is just my experience with the process so far.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, as stated.
You will pay £500 in IHS when you renew your leave.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for response.Much appreciated.

I find this IHS really unfair, i am paying more than 150 pounds every month, only for National insurance,i don't understand why i should pay again for NHS,i didn't even use NHS in all the time i have been here in the UK.I only used the dentist and i pay for that every time i go.

I entered the UK on a Fiance visa on the 07/12/2012,got my spouse visa on the 02/04/2013 and it will run out the 02/10/215,when is the earliest i can send my application for extension second period?

If i send my application by post,how long it should take to get a decision.

Thank you.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Earliest you can apply is 28 days before 2nd Oct so Friday 4th Sept 2015.
About 2 months by post.

Yes, it does seem unfair to those who are already in UK and contributing in taxes and NI, who didn't have to pay this surcharge when they got their existing visa. But it's a political move you know, with imminent general election and anti-immigration sentiment among the electorate.

·
Registered
340 Posts
There isn't anything you can do about this charge, this was the reply I got back from the home office ( hope it's okay to post here)

Dear Ms Bean,

Thank you for your email correspondence of 12 April.

The following link explains in detail the reasons behind the introduction of the Immigration Health Surcharge.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/migrant-health-surcharge-to-raise-200-million-a-year
The rules on the health surcharge applies to those already in the UK requiring to extend their leave and already have access to the NHS. New applicants applying from outside of the UK are also subject to the surcharge.

You have mentioned that you are working in the UK and therefore paying national insurance contributions and tax already, however, if at any time you ceases employment you will still be entitled to the use NHS service.

I am sorry I cannot be of further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Mala Anand
UK Visas and Immigration

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 12 April 2015 20:45
To: Complaints
Subject: BRONWYN NHS Surcharge

Dear Sir/Madam

I am due for a visa extension for myself and two children in October 2015. My confusion is this, when I apply for the extension on my children I have no other option but to take a 2.5 year extension, yet 6 months later they will both be eligible to naturalize as british subjects, due their father been a british citizen by decent. So I am paying £1000 pounds for their contribution. Which I feel is really unfair, considering the above.

Secondly why is it if am working and contributing to the system as well as my husband am I been punished by having to pay in an additional contribution on top of my tAxes?
Should you not take into consideration that some people do actually come here and contribute?
Why can you not look at individuals P60's and then decide what they should pay?
My complaint is only that it seems you are punishing people that are working and contributing to your system already.

My complaint is only that it seems you are punishing people that are working and contributing to your system already.

Regards

Bronwyn Bean

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone,

Bronwyn Bean,I agree with all what you have said, we are the only people in this country who will pay Taxes,national insurance and NHS.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I entered the UK on a Fiance visa on the 07/12/2012,got my spouse visa on the 02/04/2013 and it will run out the 02/10/215.
Based on these dates,can i apply 30 months from 07/12/2012,as i found another thread on this forum and the guy said that he could apply after 30 months based on the date of his Fiance visa but he didn't, as he didn't know that.

If thats not true,when can i start looking into getting an appointment for premium service.

Thank you for you help.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No. It's 30 months from when you got your spouse visa ('valid from' date on your BRP), as you need to live in UK for 30 months on your spouse (not fiancé) visa.
30 months will fall on 2nd October 2015, so you can get your premium service appointment from Friday 4th September.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is is possible to register with IHS without paying now,i will pay when the time is close to the date i need to renew my visa.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Probably, but why not just register when it comes time to pay? I don't believe the IHS registration serves any other purpose than to pay the fee.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.