Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any know how much the IHS surcharge actually is when applying for a FLR(m) visa.

Without going through all of the actually application on the premium centre i cant get the price??

Thanks in advance

Will

·
Super Moderator
5,183 Posts
IHS is payable for visas that are more than 6 months validity.

Your Fiancé(e) Visa won't incur the charge, but the FLR(M) visa that you apply for after your marriage, will incur the charge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IHS is payable for visas that are more than 6 months validity.

Your Fiancé(e) Visa won't incur the charge, but the FLR(M) visa that you apply for after your marriage, will incur the charge.
She is already in the UK she was here studying when we got married. Is on a tier 4 visa at the moment but she got that before the new surcharge came in so dont really know alot about it. She will have to pay for it right when it comes to paying the the application?? Just wondering how much it is actually going to cost??

Will

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure im getting it right.

£649 for the actual visa
£400 for the premium service
£500 for the surcharge

am i getting this right or am i missing something??

Thanks

Will

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have applied recently and it is £600.for every single dependent. Or in otherer words £600 for every application. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
I have applied recently and it is £600.for every single dependent. Or in otherer words £600 for every application. Hope this helps you.
Have you just applied for spouse visa - the one that gives you 2.5 years PLUS the additional 3 months to arrive in the UK.

If so, because its 33 months in total it is rounded up to 3years : 200 x 3 = 600 GBP.

For FLR its only 30 months total : 2.5 x 200 = 500 GBP

The rules dictate that where any one period is more than 6 months in 12, it is rounded up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
IHS Fee

Hi All,

I went to book my PEO appointment today and when it got to the part for me to pay the IHS fee, it says that I do not need to pay because of my nationality?

Is this correct? I'm Australian, and have been living in the UK on the spouse visa for past 2.3 years and up for renewal next month.

Thanks in advance for your advice on this matter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not sure about your issue sorry but in reply to everyone helping me my wife now has her flrm changed from tier 4 ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.