Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so it's £500 for 2 and a half years so why when you do the quote it tells you £600. How much should I pay?

This is for my wife, no children.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ok so it's £500 for 2 and a half years so why when you do the quote it tells you £600. How much should I pay?

I think my wife paid about 600 GBP.
It was calculated automatically depending on the type of visa.

·
Super Moderator
5,179 Posts

The initial Spouse visa is 33 months or 2 years 9 months, so they have pro-rated it by rounding up to the next full year (£200 x 3 years = £600).

The second FLR(M) visa is 30 months or 2 years 6 months, so they just charge for a half year's premium (£200 x 2.5 years = £500).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The initial Spouse visa is 33 months or 2 years 9 months, so they have pro-rated it by rounding up to the next full year (£200 x 3 years = £600).

The second FLR(M) visa is 30 months or 2 years 6 months, so they just charge for a half year's premium (£200 x 2.5 years = £500).
I thought the initial spouse visa was 2 and a half years?

We put 2.5 years on the time you're planning to stay question

·
Super Moderator
18,059 Posts
Is your spouse applying from inside or outside of the UK? If you apply from outside of the UK, the visa is good for 33 months so you pay £600 because as WCCG indicated they round up.

If you apply from inside the UK because you are already in the UK on a fiance visa or a visa which allows you to switch to FLR (M) like a Tier 2 work visa or a Tier 4 student visa, the visa is good for 30 months-2 1/2 years so you pay £500.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Outside the UK.

Also really confused whether in the new online form, whether my wife needs to put her employment or mine? It's very very unclear

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Urgent help needed - new online form, employment section

Hi really need help,

I'm just doing the online form and it has no inclination whether it's my wife's employment or mine that needs filling out. Can someone please advise?

Applying from the US to UK for initial spouse visa. Cat A, non-salaried.

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
You just answer yes or no if it asks whether you, the applicant, is in work outside UK. If yes, you supply documentary evidence of employment such as payslip and contract. This has nothing to do with financial requirement. You give your financial details on Appendix 2 that meet the financial requirement. Unless you are in UK on another visa that allows you to work, it's your sponsor's work and income you need to declare. In your case you give salary details of UK sponsor over the last 6 months, which when averaged should come to at least £18,600 annually.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Joppa.

Well my wife is self-employed in the U.S. but studies too, there was no option to add student + self employed, you could do student (working) so we could only so we just fill out in the details for that section in employment. My wife may have a contract for one of her jobs, but she gets paid by cheque so no payslips. She can submit her most recent W2 tax form of yearly earnings though?

As for the UK sponsor (me). All my details for the the financial sponsor in the U.K. are on appendix 2 plus I have submitted all payslips over 26 weeks, contract, employment letter and P60 also.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In relation to the above...What if we were to not submit the employment docs of my wife's job in the U.S.?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.