Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a curious question.

While the spouse visa application was in process we could log into the IHS portal and see our ref number and also a refund button.

Now after we have received the 'decision has been made' email the refund button has gone.

Maybe just a coincidence or glitch, or maybe a pattern.

Can someone who got their visa accepted check on the IHS portal see if the refund option disappears?

Thanks

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Isn't it how it's supposed to work?
That you can get refund until your visa is processed.
Once your visa is issued, you can no longer claim refund.
Why are you interested?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why are you interested?
exactly that! Think about it.
Is this an indication that our visa was successful?
We're waiting for the documents and final result.
Email decision was made sent today.

If it was refused you get a refund. Is the option taken off if the visa is issued?

Just trying to see a pattern between the email sent and time before you receive your documents.

I want to hear from other applicants and what they see on the IHS portal.

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
I don't think they are that sophisticated. As soon as your application is processed, they turn off refund functions. Maybe after a few days, should you be unsuccessful, refund function is reactivated, or something.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think they are that sophisticated. As soon as your application is processed, they turn off refund functions. Maybe after a few days, should you be unsuccessful, refund function is reactivated, or something.
Wishful thinking then :)

Could get tricky if you apply for a refund when the visa is submitted. Working in IT I guess I expect too much from them :D LOL

We hit switches in a second in our databases and changes on our online booking portal are instant. :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
I also work in IT. Since the result of your application is not posted online, why would there be any difference between a rejected applicant and an accepted one? It's much more likely that the person reviewing your case simply hits a button that says "close case" and it presents you with the same generic information as it would with anyone else, complete with removing the ability to have your money refunded.

If it DIDN'T work that way, as an IT admin, I'd be really bloody careful about any difference in what's presented to a rejected applicant vs. a successful one.

I know it's hard to be patient.......

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know it's hard to be patient.......
Hard is an understatement of the century. Probably the most painful waiting period of my life and oh boy have I had a hard life.

When it involves a 5 year old who leaves voice messages on viber everyday for you saying how much he loves you and misses you more than anything... tears you apart

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi was just wondering if your application was granted?

As I'm awaiting a decision but the button had disappeard also I got the money refunded.

So is this a definite rejection or just "case closed" either way as mentioned!?

Please help!

·
Super Moderator
18,054 Posts
The poster got their visa. If you click on their name you get a drop down menu. One of the options is find all posts of.

If you have any other questions please start a new thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So basically I have applied for my son's UK visa last week as well and paid the Immigration health Surcharge and now the option to get a refund has disappeared. Does that mean that the application is in process or is it an indication of a positive result? Kindly let me know.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In my wife's case, Request Refund was not disappeared until next working day of receiving "We have processed your application" email. She had applied from Lahore, Pakistan. So, I think it depends on country to country that how they process documents and where they process documents and it can take one more working day to disappear "Request Refund" link (so don't panic if it doesn't disappear right after the processing email)

here was the situation

-> Received email "we have processed your application" Friday, 7 August 2015
-> IHS "Request Refund" disappeared on Monday, 10 August 2015
-> Received call from Visa application centre on 11 August 2015
-> Visa stamped, valid from 5 August 2015.

·
Registered
1 Posts
PLs advise

As I'm awaiting a decision but the button had disappeard also I got the money refunded.

Please help!

Same thing happened with my souse visa. Pls advise what it indicates as we received IHS money refunded by home office. pls email

·
Registered
98 Posts
Why are you interested?
Hi.Joppa
my wife's spouse visa as been processed, I guess you don't know by ihs refund? As it all change now? As I don't think you can see the refund botton post 4th July?

How long does the ihs refund take to go.into your account?

Hoping for no refund lol.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Please help!

Same thing happened with my souse visa. Pls advise what it indicates as we received IHS money refunded by home office. pls email
How soon after your decision, did you get your ihs refund?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Early IHS Refund

Please help!
Did you get your visa, considering your IHS fees refunded while waiting, please share?

Thank you in advanc

·
Registered
50 Posts
I recieved a application processed mail today 20 November 2015
the " request refund" button is still showing
does it mean a refusel
my wife hasnt got the collection notice
yet
please if somone could explain
much appreciated thankyou

1 - 20 of 37 Posts