Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATED Entry Exemption Document (EED) Requirements Feb 2022

As of February 10, 2022, foreigners from visa-free countries no longer require an EED to enter the Philippines. However, citizens from visa-restricted countries still need an EED and 9a Visa to enter the country.

So, I understand coming from the USA the EED is not required. I automaticly get my passport stamped when entering the Philippines. If i am staying longer then 30 days can I get the EED in the Philippines? How long does it take to get it there?

Does others read this the same way I am reading it?

art

·
Super Moderator
4,490 Posts
Art you have this correct and it's sort of old news lol....but what your missing is the 30-day limit and then you'll have to leave because you didn't come here with the EED.

Here's what's changed, before if you had family in the Philippines but no 13a or Permanent Visa you could come here on a 9a Visa with an EED but now you can come here as a tourist but the limit is 30 days if you get that EED (I'd get it) then you can without worry extend your stay if you come here without the EED right now it's a gamble from what Gary D mentions, but I haven't seen any changes to the EED requirement if you want to extend you must get that EED in the US before leaving.

The good news is that maybe all this will change soon. Art, I'm a retired military veteran and I have many years work experience as a Quality Assurance with paperwork and aircraft inspections working with government paperwork and so I follow the rules as stated, I know exactly what an audit is like, you follow the checklist and no problems and so you have all your information and currently what you need is an EED in order to extend your stay.

When all else fails stop talking to us and start talking to the Philippine Bureau of Immigration, that's who you need to talk with.

Reactions: Gary D

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey mark,

I have sent an email to the Washington DC Embassy office asking the procedure for coming to the Philippines. so, you are saying i have to get the EED to stay longer then 30 days? the article I posted does not mention the 30 day limit. It states no EED is required from a visa free country like the USA. So confusing with this information.

Art

·
Super Moderator
4,490 Posts
Hey mark,

I have sent an email to the Washington DC Embassy office asking the procedure for coming to the Philippines. so, you are saying i have to get the EED to stay longer then 30 days? the article I posted does not mention the 30 day limit. It states no EED is required from a visa free country like the USA. So confusing with this information.

Art
Okay, I'll try to make this shorter. There is no requirement for the EED, but if you try and extend your vacation from the Philippines, they'll say no, so currently 30 days max, you'll have to leave.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited by Moderator)
I received this from the US Embassy from Washington DC office after contacting them!

Dear Art,

US nationals ("COVID vaccinated" only) traveling to the Philippines for business and tourism purposes may enter the Philippines without a visa, beginning 10 February, for visits under 30 days.

They must satisfy the following requirements:

1. Fully vaccinated arriving passengers shall be required to present a negative RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours prior to the date and time of departure from the country of origin, or first port of embarkation in a continuous travel to the Philippines, excluding lay-overs; provided that they have not left the airport premises or have not been admitted into another country during such a lay-over.

2. Must have a valid ticket for their return journey to the port of origin or next port of destination not later than 30 days from the date of arrival in the Philippines.

3. Have passports valid for a period of at least six (6) months at the time of your arrival to the Philippines; and

4. Obtain, prior to arrival, a travel insurance for COVID-19 treatment costs from reputed insurers, with a minimum coverage of USD35,000 for the duration of their stay in the Philippines.

5. Must have a national/state digital certificate or other proof of vaccination against COVID-19 recognized under the existing IATF regulations.

A foreign national shall be deemed fully vaccinated only if he/she has received the second dose is a 2-dose series or a single dose vaccine more than fourteen (14) days prior to the date and time of departure from the country of origin/port of embarkation.

Once admitted into the country, they shall no longer be required to observe mandatory facility-based quarantine but shall self monitor for any sign or symptom for seven (7) days with the first day being the date of arrival.

For US nationals who are partially vaccinated, or individuals whose vaccination status can not be independently validated, they shall be required to undergo facility-based quarantine until the release of their negative RT-PCR test taken on the 5th day upon arrival. After which, they shall be required to undergo home quarantine until their fourteenth (14th ) day, with the date of arrival being their first day.

Before your trip to the Philippines, you are requested to register for the One Health Pass (OHP) by visiting BOQ Health Declaration Registration and note your transaction number.

Visa-free nationals who fail to fully comply with the conditions and requisites set forth above shall be denied admission into the country and shall be subject to the appropriate exclusion proceedings.

Should you wish to stay beyond 30 days in the Philippines, you can apply for an appropriate visa / extension of stay while in the Philippines at the Bureau of Immigration.

You can email the Bureau of Immigration at the following email address:

[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
4,490 Posts
You notice that there's nothing about extensions and this is how they answer questions also, it's a generic answer to tourist travel or whatever you ask them because they don't have the staffing to answer individual questions so get used to this kind of reply and you'll have to read between lines.

So make sure (get all your ducks in a row) to get the 9a Visa with the 59-day extension and also your EED along with the many other requirements listed above, it'll give you a few months to kick back before you apply for another extension.

Don't forget to make copies of their rules and even replies, several of our Expats have reported that not all Immigration Officers are aware of the many changes.

I forgot about the Health Declarations, you need to get this done.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey Mark,

they did mention an extension past the 30 days at the bottom of the email. they said a person can get the extension while in the Philippines. But, like you said it would be wise to have copies of all the requirements since not all offices knows what is going on.

art

·
Super Moderator
4,490 Posts
hey Mark,

they did mention an extension past the 30 days at the bottom of the email. they said a person can get the extension while in the Philippines. But, like you said it would be wise to have copies of all the requirements since not all offices knows what is going on.

art
I missed that but? even though it's from that Consulate Lol... this has to be in a released government document from the PBI or they are saying you can apply, what's does that mean? apply but get turned down, each individual PBI agent can decide your tourism fate = gamble.

And then what about the health insurance, there are so many factors that would go into an extension but hey... "You can apply"?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so many different requirements. It would be terrible to show up at immigration and they say you don't have proper paperwork after buying a ticket and everything else. I don't think there are any solid rules to follow. a person might get the wrong employee at immigration entry point and they don't know what they are talking about.

art

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
hey appalachian,

it has always been that amount. I wouldn't try bringing more then allowed. they can confiscate it and not allow you entry into the Philippines. You have to declare your money amount on a form before landing. If they would pick you out to check your things plus money claim, you would be in trouble if you had more then on the form? I stayed there for over a year. I had money wired to me while there.

Follow the Philippine's rules and you will be okay. the Filipinos hate it when a foreigner try to by-pass their rules. Always remember you are in their country and show respect to the people there, especially the ones in charge. I never had a problem living there.

Art

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm just making sure Art, thanks. One gal that posts videos on You Tube said to bring $20,000 and I thought that was a bit much. Yes, I'll have back up funds with a friend here if an emergency arrives. They can send it to me via Western Union. I guess my real question is that $10,000 usd is equal to 500,000 php is it not ? Typo on the US consolate's page ?

·
Super Moderator
4,490 Posts
Hey MCA for some reason I can download that but I can't open the content.
It's 3 pages long and the document only downloads.

The limit is $10,000 USD and your best chance at a decent but safe conversion to pesos would be at the airport.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts