Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
then there is no hope. :confused2:

Queda bloqueada 'sine die' la apertura del aeropuerto de Corvera por cuestiones de seguridad aérea — VegaMediaPress | Noticias de Murcia :closed_2:

You couldn't make it up. For at least 10 years they were talking about building it & finally started 3 years ago .It's more or less ready to open now so didn't the military notice it being built ? When they were told that they were going to be given the other one back they moaned that the new 2nd runaway was 'too short'. Didn't they want to know why it was being given back ? Didn't they notice an airport being built on the daily parachute training jumps ?

Yesterday they announced that flights would commence in october , today it's stopped 'sine die' ? It's the blind leading the blind !!!

All of the points in the article were known about long before construction started & the Regional government guaranteed the constructors loan!!

Sounds like there is some political machinations at work here , but I can't see why ? :suspicious:

This just makes everyone look like complete & utter fools.

·
Registered
12 Posts
then there is no hope. :confused2:

You couldn't make it up. For at least 10 years they were talking about building it & finally started 3 years ago .It's more or less ready to open now so didn't the military notice it being built ? When they were told that they were going to be given the other one back they moaned that the new 2nd runaway was 'too short'. Didn't they want to know why it was being given back ? Didn't they notice an airport being built on the daily parachute training jumps ?

Yesterday they announced that flights would commence in october , today it's stopped 'sine die' ? It's the blind leading the blind !!!

All of the points in the article were known about long before construction started & the Regional government guaranteed the constructors loan!!

Sounds like there is some political machinations at work here , but I can't see why ? :suspicious:

This just makes everyone look like complete & utter fools.
It would be interesting to see what valuation the two savings banks have on their books for this 'asset' !

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Almost 4 years ago we looked at houses at Corvera Golf, and almost bought one, we were told by the agents selling Corvera Golf, the 'International" Airport would be in operation by 2010,which would have been one of the attractions of owning a place nearby, thank goodness we didn't buy one. Just out of interest I have been looking to see if the airport is up and running since then, and it doesn't surprise me it has not open--will it ever in this present economic climate. I feel sorry for the optimistic people who may have bought at Corvera golf, because the houses were not cheap at the time, they must have lost lots of money, to be in the middle of nowhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.