Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quickie, my fiancee is now going to sit the English test to satisfy that criteria rather than use her degree, as not only does it seem more confusing getting it certified but they are stopping people using them after November which would force us into moving our plans forward.
So, for a fiancee type visa I'm figuring it's just the A1 that she needs to get, which is the basic level right.? And just speaking and listening.? She has a friend that took the test to get into Australia and thought it was relatively easy. Is it the same test.? Let's hope so !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The IELTS test is more than just speaking and listening, there are also reading and writing parts.

I am an ESL teacher in China teaching IELTS classes. Most universities won't take anything less than a 6 or 6.5, so she should be OK with a 5 for moving to the UK.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah I see, thanks for that ! I had noticed that there were certain tests that included writing and reading but thought that the fiancee visa only required speaking and listening. Got that wrong ! I'll let her know. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.