Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Senior Expats,
I m an internal auditor, have already logged the skill assessment to Vetassess last month. I m planing to apply to Canberra under state sponsorship. The problem is IELTS, i did it for 5 times & all the times I got 6.5 in each band in academic, now i m fedup of doing it & finding another way, my points are below
age 30, degree in bsc accountancy 15, state sponsorship 10.
still i have 1.5 years experience, but i have another one year experience in audit firm (post qualifying) but not as a internal auditor. (as assistant manager - ifrs advisory)
Is there any way of applying in next august with 3 years experience & IELTS 6.5
with the skill assessment i didn't mention the previous experience as it was not related.
It would be great if some one can help me on this

Regards,
randika

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hello Senior Expats,
I m an internal auditor, have already logged the skill assessment to Vetassess last month. I m planing to apply to Canberra under state sponsorship. The problem is IELTS, i did it for 5 times & all the times I got 6.5 in each band in academic, now i m fedup of doing it & finding another way, my points are below
age 30, degree in bsc accountancy 15, state sponsorship 10.
still i have 1.5 years experience, but i have another one year experience in audit firm (post qualifying) but not as a internal auditor. (as assistant manager - ifrs advisory)
Is there any way of applying in next august with 3 years experience & IELTS 6.5
with the skill assessment i didn't mention the previous experience as it was not related.
It would be great if some one can help me on this

Regards,
randika
Hey

If I didn't mistake, why you took Academic module? Is there a reason?

Generally for Migration whether state sponsorship or anything, we take only General Module which is comparatively easier in writing and reading.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
49 Posts
yes, perhaps GM was required in your case...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi JR,
I thought it was the necessary requirement. Any way i m finding a way to apply with 3 years experience & i got to know that after the skill assessment is finished they are giving a reassessing time. In that period if i mention the previous experience again will it be a problem ? (as i was not an internal auditor).

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hi JR,
I thought it was the necessary requirement. Any way i m finding a way to apply with 3 years experience & i got to know that after the skill assessment is finished they are giving a reassessing time. In that period if i mention the previous experience again will it be a problem ? (as i was not an internal auditor).
Hello Randika,

I am afraid to say that I do not have an idea about that. Perhaps somebody else can guide you better in this.

I would suggest you to give a General Module shot with IELTS. I am sure you should be through in one or two attempts. :)

Best regards,
JR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts