Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the topic is
“Some people think that if women were to rule the world, there would be less violence in it. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?”

Can I give some points in favor and some in against or I have to choose 1 direction.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If the topic is
“Some people think that if women were to rule the world, there would be less violence in it. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?”

Can I give some points in favor and some in against or I have to choose 1 direction.

Yes, you should give arguments for both sides in order to write a good essay. , Grammar is just one part of the writing, not worry to much about it. I think a good structure and format is much more important, i.e introduction, arguments and conclusion..
Search on google for ielts general writing task 2,, you will find lots of helpful links there.

I did the IELTS in October and I managed to get 7.5 in the writing,, and the key was that I had studied essay structure and other things that IELTS looks for in your answers (essay structure)... I didn't have time to go back and check spelling or grammar,, cause I used every single second to write...

Good luck with the test

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
shafaqat the IELTS isnt to check your IQ or your thinking process, they give you topics to write on to see how your english is. you write for it or against it isnt the question, how you write it, how your structure is, how well you put your thoughts in words is what matters.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Do we have to go for General or for Academic IELTS? for applying visa 175...

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
general, the academics is for teachers/students

·
Registered
73 Posts
If the topic is

First para of essay is imporant as it guide examinar what approach you are going to attempt essay.

In 1st para you should make ground for next paras like if you can say some people say women should be ruler but mostly people believe they should not. In the following paragraphs I will evaluate both side.

And in end in conclusion you can give your conclusion that form both sides what you hold the opinion. Even as a conclusion you can say neither they are good nor bad, they are human just like man

In short always it is better to address both sides as we get more arguments, but it would better to clear for reader what you are going to do next.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts