Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appeared through IDP. My IELTS score is (R:8.5, L: 8.5, W:7, S: 7). My total points for 175 visa is 70 now...I was wondering if I should go for revaluation to try for an 8 in W and S. If it becomes 8 in W and S, my total points score will be 80.

I am good to apply with the current score but wanted to know if getting more points will help in some way for the visa grant?

Also, what is the probability of an increment of 1 in two sections...is it too much to ask for...
is there a chance of your score getting reduced in revaluation?

Can I apply 175 with the current score and TRF and let re-evaluation happen in parallel...

·
Registered
325 Posts
I appeared through IDP. My IELTS score is (R:8.5, L: 8.5, W:7, S: 7). My total points for 175 visa is 70 now...I was wondering if I should go for revaluation to try for an 8 in W and S. If it becomes 8 in W and S, my total points score will be 80.

I am good to apply with the current score but wanted to know if getting more points will help in some way for the visa grant?

Also, what is the probability of an increment of 1 in two sections...is it too much to ask for...

Can I apply 175 with the current score and TRF and let re-evaluation happen in parallel...

I would suggest you go for the visa application immediately. There is no mention of having more points giving you better chances of Visa (atleast before 30th June). Revaluation will take time, and since you already have 70, just go ahead and apply !

Seniors - Please let us know your opinion as well.

·
Registered
630 Posts

Go ahead with 175 application immediately, don't waste your time & money on IELTS revaluation, rest assured that DIAC doesn't care if you even have 100 points, as long as you score 65 points or above you are qualified, more points are meaningless and will NOT result in faster processing.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I agree with the above comments. Having more points would only help you post 1st July when Skill Select is in place. Until then points above the required 65 points are meaningless.

Go ahead and lodge your application ASAP.

Good luck. :)

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.