Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have scored 6.5 in all sections of IELTS general. My total points are coming upto 65 (includes 5 points of my partner who also gave IELTS). Can i apply for PR processing of australia or should I give IELTS again and score better so that I can get 10 additional points for IELTS?

·
Registered
140 Posts
You must have English Proficiency level to secure an invitation, otherwise it is highly unlikely you will receive one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
IT solution architect and business analyst
For ICT Business Analyst or System Analyst - 2611 occupation codes, you have better chance to get invite if you have atleast 70 points (few months of waiting) and much faster if you have 75 and above. So, yes if you can improve your English score then you stand a better chance.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Need suggestion here, my wife's IELTS score is getting expired in June 2018 and i am still waiting for the grant so just in case if i don't get it before then will IELTS needs to be taken again?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Need suggestion here, my wife's IELTS score is getting expired in June 2018 and i am still waiting for the grant so just in case if i don't get it before then will IELTS needs to be taken again?
Are you aware that IELTS score is valid for three years for the purpose of AU visa?
Anyway, DIBP says it should be valid at the time of lodging visa. So I guess you don't need to worry about it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Are you aware that IELTS score is valid for three years for the purpose of AU visa?
Anyway, DIBP says it should be valid at the time of lodging visa. So I guess you don't need to worry about it.
Thanks, I am sure about 3 years timeline, it just that validity of score after filing the application.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts