Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My overall Ielts score is 8 but when I enter my scores into my EOI application it only gives my a score of 7.

Why is this?

·
Registered
886 Posts
If any of band has score < 8.. it will be 7. EOI application does not take overall, rather consider individual scores.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
My overall Ielts score is 8 but when I enter my scores into my EOI application it only gives my a score of 7.

Why is this?
hello friend,

it is a system that calculates the least score you achieved in a section among 4 sections of ILETS and DIAC awards points not based on overall band scores but the the individual scores in each section and EOI selects the least score that is the whole number nearest to it. For instance, if a candidates scored 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5 in 4 sections of ielts, EOI takes only 7 as it rewards the points for only the least score and not the highest band you achieved in other sections. if you scored more than 8 bands in all sections of ielts, then system takes 8 bands for immigration purposes and gives you 20 points (maximum available under english).

regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
1 Posts
australia eoi

hi

just want to know if you are having ielts 6 6.5 7 7.5 and international experience of more than 5 years,can you submit EOI or you need to get IETLS score 7 in each module

rgds

·
Registered
882 Posts
hi

just want to know if you are having ielts 6 6.5 7 7.5 and international experience of more than 5 years,can you submit EOI or you need to get IETLS score 7 in each module

rgds
u can either use EOI or online ielts calculator to count the over all scores.
as long as u score 60 , u can can apply but no guarantees of getting invitation.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi Dear All,

pls let me know what is the band score is prescribed for IELTS to Immigirate Australia from India

thank you very much
depends upon the skilled occupation code you apply for, some ask for overall 6, some overall 7 and some overall 8.

as high your english score - more the points you can get! So try to aim for overall 8 and you get 20 points.

Good Luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts