Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've just got an offer from a UK based employer willing to sponsor me on a TIER 2 (General) visa.

Apparently, language is one of the criteria where I need to achieve scores in excess of the B1 level in all four components (reading, writing, speaking and listening). Good part - my previous score meets the criteria, Bad part - previous score (Valid from June 2013 to June 2015) expired last month. This is where I need some inputs from the forum.

My 1st question: As a work around, is there anything I can add as a supporting evidence (e.g Certificate of Medium of Instruction from the University) to avoid another attempt?

My 2nd question: If another attempt is essential, which one one these three tests should I take a. IELTS (Academic/General Training?) b. Life Skills (A1/B1?) c. UKVI IELTS (AC/GT?). My guess is option c. UKVI IELTS GT but just want to confirm.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 Unless you have a bachelor's degree taught in English, you need to retake your test.
#2 Any of them will do.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I have a degree taught in English and I have an official certificate from the University (with the University stamp) stating that the medium of instruction is English. Would that be good enough to avoid another attempt / retake of the exam?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.