Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any IELTS requirement for american citizen? i ve heard that they are exempted... if yes then how they can claim points?

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
No, US citizens (along with Canadians, New Zealanders, British and Irish citizens) are assumed to have a "competent" understanding of English and generally are not required to take the IELTS test. However, you won't get any points for English ability. As a result, most people end up having to take the test anyway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, US citizens (along with Canadians, New Zealanders, British and Irish citizens) are assumed to have a "competent" understanding of English and generally are not required to take the IELTS test. However, you won't get any points for English ability. As a result, most people end up having to take the test anyway.
Thanks for the quick reply!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
if you want to claim points then i guess u need to give IELTS...

Is there any IELTS requirement for american citizen? i ve heard that they are exempted... if yes then how they can claim points?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.