Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am in the process of uploading documents after the invitation to apply. under my wife's name, in the list of documents, I see english language requirement....

I understand spouse does not need to give ielts if we can get a declaration from her college that she studied in an english medium college for a duration of 4 years......

here, i do not see any such reference..all i see if ielts score...is my understanding correct....? does she need to appear for ielts now?:help:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi iesus,

your wife needs to provide evidence that she has functional English. This can be done in a number of ways, for example by submitting an IELTS result for an average of 4.5. If she graduated from a 2-year (or more) program at a university, college or trade school where all instructions were taught in English, that would also suffice. You need to get a letter from the school/college in that case. If she has less than functional English skills you have to pay a second instalment of 4,885AUD.

More information: Functional English

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi iesus,

your wife needs to provide evidence that she has functional English. This can be done in a number of ways, for example by submitting an IELTS result for an average of 4.5. If she graduated from a 2-year (or more) program at a university, college or trade school where all instructions were taught in English, that would also suffice. You need to get a letter from the school/college in that case. If she has less than functional English skills you have to pay a second instalment of 4,885AUD.

More information: Functional English

Cheers,
Monika

Hi espresso,

Kindly do you have any info regarding the first entry date for migrant dependents..is this the same as the primary or family can come later..My issue is that I am planning to apply for my wife and two kids with my application but I want to fly alone before them so that I can get job and other stuff sorted out..what are rules for this..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi espresso,

Kindly do you have any info regarding the first entry date for migrant dependents..is this the same as the primary or family can come later..My issue is that I am planning to apply for my wife and two kids with my application but I want to fly alone before them so that I can get job and other stuff sorted out..what are rules for this..
Initial entry date would be same as you are the primary applicant and seconday applicants visa would be granted based on primary applicant.

If you want to go alone first then you can do it..you would have almost a year in some cases 8-9 months to have first entry..you can go immediately after the grant or with in 2-3 months then you will have at least 6 months for your family.

hope it helps..others might advise you as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
you guys should check with the immigration body you are submitting the papers to. You should also know that IELTS have two modules - Academic and General Training - academic is for educational purposes or professional works while general training is for immigration and skilled workers. check on the institution on the required module and score. I hope this helps. By the way, IELTS certificate is only valid for two years.

For more information about the IELTS exam, you can refer to IELTS Exams Tipsor IELTS Training and Review Tips - IELTS Review Blog

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi
I am awaiting for my vetaassess assessment. IELTS FOR MY SPOUSE need at EOI OR WHEN i am applying for my visa?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi
I am awaiting for my vetaassess assessment. IELTS FOR MY SPOUSE need at EOI OR WHEN i am applying for my visa?
When you apply for the visa and include spouse as secondary applicant then you will submit english language proof either IELTS result or college/uni letters for english medium proof.

Reactions: Thinuli

·
Registered
51 Posts
When you apply for the visa and include spouse as secondary applicant then you will submit english language proof either IELTS result or college/uni letters for english medium proof.
Well thank you coolkhu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts