Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 697 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I want to apply for revaluation for ielts british council. Please let me know how long it takes to get the reval results?

Thanks...

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've just applied for EOR, ppl said that, it would probably take 6-8 weeks. I'm short of 0.5 pt, really frustrated. hope for the best.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi,
I want to apply for revaluation for ielts british council. Please let me know how long it takes to get the reval results?

Thanks...
It takes a v long time up to 8 Weeks, so you have to keep in mind the time frame. A lot of people prefer to re-do the exam due to the time it takes for reevaluation.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
Is there anyone in Mumbai who has got a 0.5 point +ve change in speaking?

I heard they charge some fees for reval and they reimburse it when the chnage is +ve. What are the chances of +ve result and do they really reimburse the money?

Thanks...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi,
Is there anyone in Mumbai who has got a 0.5 point +ve change in speaking?

I heard they charge some fees for reval and they reimburse it when the chnage is +ve. What are the chances of +ve result and do they really reimburse the money?

Thanks...
I did a re-evaluation for speaking as I was confident that my grade was incorrect. It was increased by 1.5 points. The time required was the time mentioned in the form. The cost was 5000INR which was refunded as it was a positive change.
Generally, increase is difficult for Reading listening and possible for speaking and writing.
best of luck

·
Registered
351 Posts
I did a re-evaluation for speaking as I was confident that my grade was incorrect. It was increased by 1.5 points. The time required was the time mentioned in the form. The cost was 5000INR which was refunded as it was a positive change.
Generally, increase is difficult for Reading listening and possible for speaking and writing.
best of luck
Hi,

I am in the same boat. need 0.5 more in speaking...did you appear thru IDP or British Council? Can you give me a brief about the procedure?

Thanks

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hey, I had appeared through british council and they say that the re-evaluation is done by a body in UK. So u can expect it to be fair and above regional variations(which happens so much in India when u are applying from diff cities).
The process is pretty simple, u can go to the British council office and take an application form and apply by paying the fees. U will need to submit ur original TRF so make sure to take a copy of it.They will get back to u within the stipulated time. If the reevaluation is positive, they will send u a cheque for Rs 5000.Since its speaking, I would suggest u go for re-eval as it might happen that u are short in some other section when u reappear for the test.This happened to me once.
Hi,

I am in the same boat. need 0.5 more in speaking...did you appear thru IDP or British Council? Can you give me a brief about the procedure?

Thanks

·
Registered
550 Posts
In my case it took me over 2 months. British council is pretty bad on this in terms of turnaround time. My EOR (writing) was unsuccessful. So no refund too. Unless you are absolutely confident, no point in going in for EOR. Better to take up ielts again.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I agree completely. Unless u are sure, its another 5000 bucks down the drain. God I hate British council and IELTS.
In my case it took me over 2 months. British council is pretty bad on this in terms of turnaround time. My EOR (writing) was unsuccessful. So no refund too. Unless you are absolutely confident, no point in going in for EOR. Better to take up ielts again.

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Ok...Best of luck with ur Reevaluation. Maybe IDP will be more proactive than BCL.
Actually you have two options to register yourself at IELTS: IDP and British Council. I registered via IDP. Else there is no difference (I think), both do the same thing.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey, I see your score as 9,9,9,8 which is fantastic, is this after revaluation...what was the original score....I understand if you have got at least 8 in all sections, no point trying for more....

·
Registered
287 Posts
I appeared through IDP. My IELTS score is (R:8.5, L: 8.5, W:7, S: 7). My total points for 175 visa is 70 now...I was wondering if I should go for revaluation to try for an 8 in W and S. If it becomes 8 in W and S, my total points score will be 80.

I am good to apply with the current score but wanted to know if getting more points will help in some way for the visa grant?

Also, what is the probability of an increment of 1 in two sections...is it too much to ask for...
is there a chance of your score getting reduced in revaluation?

Can I apply 175 with the current score and let re-evaluation happen in parallel...

·
Registered
351 Posts
I appeared through IDP. My IELTS score is (R:8.5, L: 8.5, W:7, S: 7). My total points for 175 visa is 70 now...I was wondering if I should go for revaluation to try for an 8 in W and S. If it becomes 8 in W and S, my total points score will be 80.

I am good to apply with the current score but wanted to know if getting more points will help in some way for the visa grant?

Also, what is the probability of an increment of 1 in two sections...is it too much to ask for...
is there a chance of your score getting reduced in revaluation?

Can I apply 175 with the current score and let re-evaluation happen in parallel...
Hi,

To the best of my knowledge anything above 65 does not give any edge per se over a person who has 65 points. But senior contributors to this forum can suggest better. Good Luck :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi,

To the best of my knowledge anything above 65 does not give any edge per se over a person who has 65 points. But senior contributors to this forum can suggest better. Good Luck :)
Thanks got similar replies from other people.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
Hi Karan,

Have u applied for re-vals ? what is the procedure, I am also planning on going for it..

Thanks,
Rekha

·
Registered
655 Posts
Whats IDP and is it any different? Did u write IELTS or some other exam?
Hi,

IDP and Bristish coucil are co owners of IELTS tests conducted... and its the same test modules and test papers set by cambridge.... one of ex.ielts examiner confirmed that the evaluation is done by the same examiners ... and IDP is Australia like brit council is from british...

Rgds,
Rekha

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi Karan,

Have u applied for re-vals ? what is the procedure, I am also planning on going for it..

Thanks,
Rekha
Hi Rekha,

The procedure is simple. You need to submit your original scorecard along with your passport copy (first and last pages). You may pay (around 6k) by credit/debit card (if you visit one of their branches) and by DD if you decide to send by post. BUT this must be done w/n 6 weeks of appearing for the test. This is the process followed by IDP, not sure if Brit Council is any different..

Thnx

1 - 20 of 697 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.