Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I got my IELTS results for applying to Subclass 176. The band scores I got are as following and the exam I sat for was Academic:

Reading 7.5
Speaking 8.5
Listening 8.5
Writing 6 :confused:

Should I be worried about the 6 I got for writing?

Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
Why Academic? Shouldn't it be GT?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I wanted to sit for the first possible exam and it was an Academic-only day. As far as I know, they don't care if it's Academic or General. I used the same results for my State Sponsorship and there was no problem.

Just in case you wanna know, I have applied for the 176 on 17th of Feb. 2012.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree. I was told for 176 to specifically not do academic but to do GT. If I was applying for a study visa that would have been different.

That being said from what I understand (and I may be wrong) was you needed a min of 7 in every band, 8 if you needed the full points for English language ability. Writing is so subjective as well, I would ask for a remark.

Good luck

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well, I wanted to sit for the first possible exam and it was an Academic-only day. As far as I know, they don't care if it's Academic or General. I used the same results for my State Sponsorship and there was no problem.

Oh cool. All the best!

·
Registered
267 Posts
It doesn't matter. State or DIAC will accept both.

From which state you got the SS approval?
what is your job code?

If you have 65 points already without claiming any points for IELTS and also have the State Sponsorship, then you are good to go, nothing to worry about.
wish you all the best.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesn't matter. State or DIAC will accept both.

From which state you got the SS approval?
what is your job code?

If you have 65 points already without claiming any points for IELTS and also have the State Sponsorship, then you are good to go, nothing to worry about.
wish you all the best.
I got SS from South Australia.
Job Code: 263112 Network Administrator

I will get 70 points if I get 10 points for IELTS. I asked to be rescored. Hope Britich Council accepts.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I will get 70 points if I get 10 points for IELTS. I asked to be rescored. Hope Britich Council accepts.
Sorry, I can't get you. Please correct me if I am wrong.
With your current IELTS score (R-7.5,S-8.5,L-8.5,W-6), you now have 0 point for IELTS. So, your current point is 60.

As you mentioned, you applied for the 176 on 17th of Feb 2012.

My question is, How could you apply for 176 to DIAC without having 65 points?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, I can't get you. Please correct me if I am wrong.
With your current IELTS score (R-7.5,S-8.5,L-8.5,W-6), you now have 0 point for IELTS. So, your current point is 60.

As you mentioned, you applied for the 176 on 17th of Feb 2012.

My question is, How could you apply for 176 to DIAC without having 65 points?
I didn't know about the band score problem at that time so I just applied. Now that I found out, I asked British Council to reconsider my writing score, and if unsuccessful, I will immediately sit for another exam and will ask DIAC to update my application with the new results.

I also realized that I have 7.5 years of experience getting close to 8 by June. I can get a work statement for that mentioning that I will have to work at least until June. Do you think it would buy me more score on the work experience?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Sanaii,

What does Special Conditions Apply means???
Hi sbhosle,

Take a look at the link on the SA website that says criteria. Unfortunately rules in the forum still don't allow me to post links. You can meet one of the options on the list and then you are considered eligible for sponsorship. What happens is that they actually almost meet their requirements for that year's plan and they want to fill the few spaces they have with the best of the best.

Wish you the best if you're planning to apply.

Maziar

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I did check the SA requirements and found Special conditions required and was very confused with their Point 6 ....

I also called them and they said that if and only if I am an Australian Student I can go ahead with the state sponsorship.

Pl advice and help

Mine is Computer Network and Security Job Code.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi

I did check the SA requirements and found Special conditions required and was very confused with their Point 6 ....

I also called them and they said that if and only if I am an Australian Student I can go ahead with the state sponsorship.

Pl advice and help

Mine is Computer Network and Security Job Code.
If on SA job list, the availability status for some job codes are mentioned as "Special conditions applies". It means you will only be eligible to apply for SS under those job codes if you have studied in a SA university/institute.

Don't be confused. It's clearly mentioned under point 6 on their website.

6. “Special Conditions Apply”
......... ........ ....
6.2 Occupations listed as “Special Conditions Apply” are limited to applicants who are recent South Australian (SA) international graduates, who studied at a South Australian institution and where this study meets the DIAC two year study requirement. If any of the applicant’s studies were undertaken outside of South Australia, a minimum of 50% of their qualification must have been completed in South Australia.
..... ....... ...

Are you SA graduate? If not, then you can't apply for SA SS under any job code having Availability status "Special Conditions Apply”.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I also realized that I have 7.5 years of experience getting close to 8 by June. I can get a work statement for that mentioning that I will have to work at least until June. Do you think it would buy me more score on the work experience?
Sorry, I am not sure about it. Hope other expats could comment on this.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You applied for 176 for which CO comes really fast. I guess if they feel that you dont qualify, you can get denied. I would have thought instead of waiting for the rescoring, you could have just written the exam again. The DIAC expects the candidates to fulfil the points criteria while applying with only Medicals, Police and extra documents (If anything required by the CO) is required after the CO is assigned. I would suggest you contact DAIC about your case. I applied to 176 too and got CO in 6 days.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You applied for 176 for which CO comes really fast. I guess if they feel that you dont qualify, you can get denied. I would have thought instead of waiting for the rescoring, you could have just written the exam again. The DIAC expects the candidates to fulfil the points criteria while applying with only Medicals, Police and extra documents (If anything required by the CO) is required after the CO is assigned. I would suggest you contact DAIC about your case. I applied to 176 too and got CO in 6 days.
As for my question on IELTS, I contacted DIAC. I actually got an email from one of the teams 6 days after lodging my application, and I didn't realize that it means I have a CO now. :p

So I emailed the same team last night, and when I woke up this morning the answer was there. A very straight answer:

"Greetings,

I have assessed your application and you meet the points criteria.

You are unable to sit another IELTS test but there is no need to now.

Your application is under routine processing at present. I will be in contact should i require any further documents

Thanks

Sxxxx Axxx"

Case Closed :D

Thanks a bunch to all forum friends for their contribution... ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.