Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had applied for ACS last and got positive results today for Analyst Programmer. Currently i am working as PeopleSoft Consultant with total exp. of 8 years.

However ACS has calculated only 4 yrs of my work experience due to my Bachelor degree in Electronics and Telecommunication.

With this i am planning to appear for IELTS, but understood that now TOFEL and PTE scores are also considered for EOI submission.

Would appreciate if some expert guidance can be provide to decide whether i should be opting for IELTS/TOFEL/PTE as need mini 7 (in IELTS) for getting 60 points.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

These days PTE-A seems to be a hot cake. People are able to get desired scores in PTE-A.

Refer to following PTE-A thread for more details.

PTE-A Exam

Hi,

I had applied for ACS last and got positive results today for Analyst Programmer. Currently i am working as PeopleSoft Consultant with total exp. of 8 years.

However ACS has calculated only 4 yrs of my work experience due to my Bachelor degree in Electronics and Telecommunication.

With this i am planning to appear for IELTS, but understood that now TOFEL and PTE scores are also considered for EOI submission.

Would appreciate if some expert guidance can be provide to decide whether i should be opting for IELTS/TOFEL/PTE as need mini 7 (in IELTS) for getting 60 points.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Go For PTE amit,
I vouch you can score better in PTE (Personal Experience :) )

Thanks Jeeten for quick reply will surely check the PTE-A details.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go For PTE amit,
I vouch you can score better in PTE (Personal Experience :) )
Thanks Sukesh for your response.

One one more assistance, by any chance is there any kind of material available for PTE-A test online or books which i can refer to. Also it would be helpful if some tips/do's and dont's can be shared for scoring good in PTE-A

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Refer the same PTE-A thread that I shared earlier, IT has all relevant information.

Thanks Sukesh for your response.

One one more assistance, by any chance is there any kind of material available for PTE-A test online or books which i can refer to. Also it would be helpful if some tips/do's and dont's can be shared for scoring good in PTE-A

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: mavaniamit

·
Registered
116 Posts
Would recommend to have a look at PTE.
The thread Jeeten linked has a lot of details.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would recommend to have a look at PTE.
The thread Jeeten linked has a lot of details.
I must Thank You Jeetendra and Sukesh for suggesting PTE-A. It really worked for me, as i had to get (at least) Proficient level to get that 10 bonus points. Million Thanks for both you as i could achieve this.

Also the result was super fast, as yesterday morning i finished my test 11:45 AM (SGT) and received the results 5:45 PM (SGT) on same day.

With this i was about to complete my EOI and submit, regarding which i had few questions. Hope you can share your expert advise.

1> Work Experience - My total work experience is of 8 Years. However in ACS, it is mentioned that my work experience after July 2011 should be considered for points calculations
So in this case, what data is to be entered in EOI?
--> All work experience since July 2007
--> Work experience from 01 July 2011(Start Date)
--> Work experience from 01 Aug 2011 (Start Date, as mentioned in ACS, after July 2011)

2> I am planning to include my family members i.e. wife and daughter, however the EOI fields states "How many members i would like to include in Future Application". Is it possible for me to submit the EOI with my family details (count) now itself.

3> Due to PTE score i am eligible for 189 and 190, so would like to have your opinion which state should i be selecting by looking at more chances of job for PeopleSoft ERP consultant and good for staying with family (not much expensive :) )

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,
Amit Mavani

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Refer the same PTE-A thread that I shared earlier, IT has all relevant information.

I must Thank You Jeetendra and Sukesh for suggesting PTE-A. It really worked for me, as i had to get (at least) Proficient level to get that 10 bonus points. Million Thanks for both you as i could achieve this.

Also the result was super fast, as yesterday morning i finished my test 11:45 AM (SGT) and received the results 5:45 PM (SGT) on same day.

With this i was about to complete my EOI and submit, regarding which i had few questions. Hope you can share your expert advise.

1> Work Experience - My total work experience is of 8 Years. However in ACS, it is mentioned that my work experience after July 2011 should be considered for points calculations
So in this case, what data is to be entered in EOI?
--> All work experience since July 2007
--> Work experience from 01 July 2011(Start Date)
--> Work experience from 01 Aug 2011 (Start Date, as mentioned in ACS, after July 2011)

2> I am planning to include my family members i.e. wife and daughter, however the EOI fields states "How many members i would like to include in Future Application". Is it possible for me to submit the EOI with my family details (count) now itself.

3> Due to PTE score i am eligible for 189 and 190, so would like to have your opinion which state should i be selecting by looking at more chances of job for PeopleSoft ERP consultant and good for staying with family (not much expensive )

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,
Amit Mavani

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

1 - REFER to my following post to understand HOW TO update your EOI as per ACS letter EOI Update to Avoid Over-claiming of Points

2 -
Are there any family members the client would like to include in a future application? Ans - Yes

How many family members? Ans - 2

Would the client be accompanied by the client's partner in a future application? Ans - Yes

3 - ICT applicants select VIC (Melbourne) or NSW (Sydney).

i must thank you jeetendra and sukesh for suggesting pte-a. It really worked for me, as i had to get (at least) proficient level to get that 10 bonus points. Million thanks for both you as i could achieve this.

Also the result was super fast, as yesterday morning i finished my test 11:45 am (sgt) and received the results 5:45 pm (sgt) on same day.

With this i was about to complete my eoi and submit, regarding which i had few questions. Hope you can share your expert advise.

1> work experience - my total work experience is of 8 years. However in acs, it is mentioned that my work experience after july 2011 should be considered for points calculations
so in this case, what data is to be entered in eoi?
--> all work experience since july 2007
--> work experience from 01 july 2011(start date)
--> work experience from 01 aug 2011 (start date, as mentioned in acs, after july 2011)

2> i am planning to include my family members i.e. Wife and daughter, however the eoi fields states "how many members i would like to include in future application". Is it possible for me to submit the eoi with my family details (count) now itself.

3> due to pte score i am eligible for 189 and 190, so would like to have your opinion which state should i be selecting by looking at more chances of job for peoplesoft erp consultant and good for staying with family (not much expensive )

thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,
amit mavani

1 - 11 of 11 Posts