Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I would like to convey my deep gratitude to you all for providing such valuable information. This is letting most of the people to know A to Z details for VISA processing.
I have completed my four years BSc degree in CSE from IIUC, Bangladesh in 2003, and I have Five years good working experience in IT field with four company. I was assessed by ACS 13 August 2009 with MODL in Linux. I want to apply my permanent resident in 175, but I am finding difficulty to clear IELTS exam (5 times seated, I have average 6), so I am not able to apply for PR, I have question on that how can I apply for PR ? There are any options or way for me to apply? Is there any state to sponsor IT professional with average 6 in IELTS ? If I arrange a relative to sponsor for me then I will be apply with average 6? In February 8th DIAC stopped MODL points, so I cannot get 15 MODL points, in that case I have 115 points and 5 points less to 120. In these situations what will be done? Please advise me and thanks in advance.

My IELTS scores are as Follows:
L-6.5, R- 5.5, W -6 , S- 6, Average 6
L-6, R- 4.5, W -5.5 , S- 7, Average 6
L-6.5, R- 4.5, W -6 , S- 6 , Average 6

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Hi

I think you appeared in IELTS general, right?
I appeared in general 2 times and got 5.5 in reading both time, then a friend advised me to appear in Academic, i appeared and got 6 in reading.

IELTS 6 in minimum requirement for 175 or 176, without it i think not possible.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi

I think you appeared in IELTS general, right?
I appeared in general 2 times and got 5.5 in reading both time, then a friend advised me to appear in Academic, i appeared and got 6 in reading.

IELTS 6 in minimum requirement for 175 or 176, without it i think not possible.
The students visa application category people only need the academic Ielts certificate,others need General so it is not possible without ielts.Just correct your weakness and get good score in Ielts that is a way to get the PR in Aus
Thanks
Ritu

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please search internet you will get lots of IELTS resources/Tips to improve your Reading. Alos you can Join any practice center and Participate regular MOC test can help your reading.

IIUC which campus you are ? I am also from IIUC, Chittagong Campus.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I used scotts english tests, it helped me to get 6 in writing after i got 4.5

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The students visa application category people only need the academic Ielts certificate,others need General so it is not possible without ielts.Just correct your weakness and get good score in Ielts that is a way to get the PR in Aus
Thanks
Ritu
I think for immigration to Australia we can use any type of IELTS score.
A friend of mine applied with Academic and now have visa.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I notice that your lowest scores are in reading.
This is the easiest to improve - just practice a lot and keep redoing the practice tests.
Set time limits and do at least one test each day. there are plenty of books with practice tests available.
Another option is to join a short course that will train you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all of u. I decide to sit for IELTS again after having some preparation.
shafaqat309: it will be ok with academic result but difficult to me in reading and writing part 1
Rupa : I am from ctg campus.
benjiross : Thanx for suggestions
I have group about oz migration in facebook (search by "Australia Migration from Bangladesh")

1 - 8 of 8 Posts