Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine who is in Aus now days shared an information with me , which i would like to share with everone .
Its a predictioN that the IELTS REQUIREMENT OF 7 ALL BAND will Come down in JULY FOR the requirement for Immigration to aUS ..

dO YOU PEOPLE aGREE WITH IT OR NOT ?YOUR COMMENTS REQURED

·
Registered
34 Posts
A friend of mine who is in Aus now days shared an information with me , which i would like to share with everone .
Its a predictioN that the IELTS REQUIREMENT OF 7 ALL BAND will Come down in JULY FOR the requirement for Immigration to aUS ..

With strong expectation,Trades will get some relaxation in minimum English requirements for permanent migration visas.

Current requirements is 6 in all components. NOT 7bands.

Pray for a while to get this awesome information from DIBP coming July 1.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i also think it is possible that the DIBP may lower the english requirement to average score6/7/8 for 0/10/20 points.

as the english requirement for 485 /476 visas was changed to average 6 no less than 5 for each band. and for the past years the DIBP was kept processing old PR applications submitted before the current policy was implemented, but i heard that all those cases are finished this financial year, which means the DIBP has to bring more applicants to the 189/190/489 programme to fulfill their annual migration plan.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dear

Dear i meant that u require 7 all bands to get 10 points other wise at 6 you will get 0 .

So my concern was the DIBP shall revise it to 6 all and get 10 points

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dear i meant that u require 7 all bands to get 10 points other wise at 6 you will get 0 .

So my concern was the DIBP shall revise it to 6 all and get 10 points
that's somehow lowering the pass point to 50 (as everyone getting extra 10 points) I think it is not possible, there will be too many applicants

·
Registered
535 Posts
that's somehow lowering the pass point to 50 (as everyone getting extra 10 points) I think it is not possible, there will be too many applicants
I agree. Let's also hope that the govt makes SOL and CSOL more realistic and in line with the current employment opportunities. It will improve the situation of unemployed PR holders who are in Aus and struggling for even part time jobs.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
This is just a mere speculation....

I would wait until DIBP announces it....BUT lowering IELTS score for immigration would give some competitive edge to IELTS....as it losing its edge due to PTE-A results...

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

If possible, try to share the article/news regarding IELTS changes that you friend shared...

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is just a mere speculation....

I would wait until DIBP announces it....BUT lowering IELTS score for immigration would give some competitive edge to IELTS....as it losing its edge due to PTE-A results...
Lowering scores for all systems not only IELTS so it not meaning that giving edge to someone.

DIBP conducted survey that, it is mainly because of super skill shortages of "18Trades" & 5professionals.

It will be result in lowering minimum English requirements to allow many Trades into Australia. Whilst 50 PR only granted as 6811 places allotted for this year .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts