Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
There are two passages that i thought hard but could not find a good introduction paragraphs for them. Invite some suggestions

1) As more and more students are getting into universities, education is being devalued. To get ahead in a particular profession, people are completing too many degrees even before starting to work. This is undesirable situation. Write an essay supporting this claim

2) "When in Rome Do As Romans Do" - Analyze the comment

Could people help with introduction paragraphs

thanks
sandeepraj

·
Registered
239 Posts
sandeepraj said:
Hi,
There are two passages that i thought hard but could not find a good introduction paragraphs for them. Invite some suggestions

1) As more and more students are getting into universities, education is being devalued. To get ahead in a particular profession, people are completing too many degrees even before starting to work. This is undesirable situation. Write an essay supporting this claim

2) "When in Rome Do As Romans Do" - Analyze the comment

Could people help with introduction paragraphs

thanks
sandeepraj
I have a really hard time with the introduction paragraph, myself, so this will be good practice, thanks for posting!:

1. Getting a higher education used to be something that many aspired to, but few achieved. Nowadays, though, with relaxed university entrance criteria and internet-based pathways to degrees, many more students are receiving these sought after credentials. Unfortunately, this has reduced the value of the university graduate in the workforce, as the job market is flooded with applicants who have one or more degrees on their resume.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a really hard time with the introduction paragraph, myself, so this will be good practice, thanks for posting!:

1. Getting a higher education used to be something that many aspired to, but few achieved. Nowadays, though, with relaxed university entrance criteria and internet-based pathways to degrees, many more students are receiving these sought after credentials. Unfortunately, this has reduced the value of the university graduate in the workforce, as the job market is flooded with applicants who have one or more degrees on their resume.

This seems to be good..Can you have a go at the second one.."When in Rome Do as the Romans Do"

·
Registered
239 Posts
This seems to be good..Can you have a go at the second one.."When in Rome Do as the Romans Do"
That second one is tough (to me). But here goes (an intro paragraph only).

2. "When in Rome, Do as the Romans Do" - Analyze the comment.

During the rise of the Roman empire, visiting Rome was an opulent experience. As if to give themselves permission to indulge, visitors would say "When in Rome, do as the Romans do!". This expression has been used since that time to infer the same thing, but for different locations or situations, and is often shortened to just "When in Rome!".

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That second one is tough (to me). But here goes (an intro paragraph only).

2. "When in Rome, Do as the Romans Do" - Analyze the comment.

During the rise of the Roman empire, visiting Rome was an opulent experience. As if to give themselves permission to indulge, visitors would say "When in Rome, do as the Romans do!". This expression has been used since that time to infer the same thing, but for different locations or situations, and is often shortened to just "When in Rome!".
Your posts are demotivating me:(...You seem to be an excellent writer yet your score is only 7.5 in writing..i wonder what will happen to me. i desperately need a 7.5 or an 8 in each of the sections based on my points.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Don't get discouraged - I got a 7.5 because I didn't practice, and I DEFINITELY did not write a good intro on that first test. On my 2nd test, I had practiced more, and I got an 8 on the Writing (but then got a 7.5 on Reading - ARGH). So I'm having to take it again on 21 April. I've been practicing using www.ielts-higher.com. And also all the links that everyone posts - I read them all!

Anyway - hopefully on this next go I can get higher than 8 in Writing AND all the others. That is unfortunately what I need in order to earn enough points.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't get discouraged - I got a 7.5 because I didn't practice, and I DEFINITELY did not write a good intro on that first test. On my 2nd test, I had practiced more, and I got an 8 on the Writing (but then got a 7.5 on Reading - ARGH). So I'm having to take it again on 21 April. I've been practicing using index. And also all the links that everyone posts - I read them all!

Anyway - hopefully on this next go I can get higher than 8 in Writing AND all the others. That is unfortunately what I need in order to earn enough points.

Hi,
I sent you a private message, please excuse me for the repeat messages there, i accidentally hit the send button more than once.

thanks
sandeepraj

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.