Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I just started preparing for IELTS (General) and I have found a lot of materials, but currently I'm learning using official Cambridge IELTS examination papers (for example, this one Amazon.com: Cambridge IELTS 8 Self-study Pack (Student's Book with Answers and Audio CDs (2)): Official Examination Papers from University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (IELTS Practice Tests) (9780521173803): Cambridge ESOL: Books).

As I noticed, this "family" of books has only academic reading and writing. Can anybody tell me how general reading and writing look like? Does general writing means writing letter and essay or not? By letter I mean: "Complaint", "Request letter", "Job application", "Personal letter" and "Business letter" and by essay I mean something similar to academic writing essay.

Thanks in advance,
Miljan

·
Registered
628 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
HI I have pleanty of materials

Hello everyone!

I just started preparing for IELTS (General) and I have found a lot of materials, but currently I'm learning using official Cambridge IELTS examination papers (for example, this one Amazon.com: Cambridge IELTS 8 Self-study Pack (Student's Book with Answers and Audio CDs (2)): Official Examination Papers from University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (IELTS Practice Tests) (9780521173803): Cambridge ESOL: Books).

As I noticed, this "family" of books has only academic reading and writing. Can anybody tell me how general reading and writing look like? Does general writing means writing letter and essay or not? By letter I mean: "Complaint", "Request letter", "Job application", "Personal letter" and "Business letter" and by essay I mean something similar to academic writing essay.

Thanks in advance,
Miljan
Hi I have plenty of materials for general please pm msg me with mail id i will try to send out as much as i can

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi I have plenty of materials for general please pm msg me with mail id i will try to send out as much as i can

Hi Raj ,

Could you please send this material to me at my gmail id coolengineer2002

Thanks in Advance
Regards,
Tej

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi dilruk336,

sent couple of mails with some materials, let me know if they are of useful for you. :)
I have booked my ielts test on 1/11/14 . Could you able to send me some writing material and general reading question paper ,,

if i unable to complete before next 20/11. it will create big issue in my visa...

thx.
sanjay

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have booked my ielts test on 1/11/14 . Could you able to send me some writing material and general reading question paper ,,

if i unable to complete before next 20/11. it will create big issue in my visa...

thx.
sanjay
If you can send me some general ielts test material it will makes really grateful for me ..

reading and writing materials..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts