Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

Today i received my Spouse IELTS result

L:5.5
R:4.0
W:5.5
S:5.5

Overall:5.0

Does The IELTS Functional English consider Overall score Or Each module score ??

Thanks

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Dear All

Today i received my Spouse IELTS result

L:5.5
R:4.0
W:5.5
S:5.5

Overall:5.0

Does The IELTS Functional English consider Overall score Or Each module score ??

Thanks
You are good to go. They need 4.5 overall, not each.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,869 Posts

·
Registered
23,869 Posts
I hope you are aware that there are several easy ways to prove functional English even without a test

Also functional English score are valid for only 1 year and not 3

Cheers

·
Registered
23,869 Posts
Yeap, anyway she got

L:6
R: 4
R:6
S:6.5

so shouldn't be a problem
thanks once again
She has passed
Remember this result is valid for only 1 year from the date of test and not 3

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,
I have got in contact with the immigration department and they said that my partner must get at least 4.5 in each component and the immigration website says “An average band score of at least 4.5 for each of the 4 test components“.

Can you guys please confirm if she need to get in each or just the overall would be enough?

Thanks

·
Registered
23,869 Posts
Hi all,
I have got in contact with the immigration department and they said that my partner must get at least 4.5 in each component and the immigration website says “An average band score of at least 4.5 for each of the 4 test components“.

Can you guys please confirm if she need to get in each or just the overall would be enough?

Thanks
You have to get an average
So as long as the sum of all the 4 scores is minimum 18, you are good

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi NB thanks for your reply.

Yeah my partner got s 5.5, w 5, r 4, l 4 which the overall is 4.5. So, she is good to go.
But they said that it needs to be in each. I think the rules for Functional English has changed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks
You have to get an average
So as long as the sum of all the 4 scores is minimum 18, you are good

Cheers
Hi NB thanks for your reply.
Yeah my partner got s 5.5, w 5, r 4, l 4 which the overall is 4.5. So, she is good to go. But they said that it needs to be in each. I think the rules for Functional English has changed.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone in the forum has applied functional English recently could give me a light?

I am just desperately because my wife is pregnant and she won’t be able to take another exam anytime soon.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anyone in the forum has applied functional English recently could give me a light?

I am just desperately because my wife is pregnant and she won’t be able to take another exam anytime soon.
Hi r.ichi, did CO contact you on this and explain what functional english is? I am sharing your concern now as my wife got 5.5 on average but her lst was just 4.0.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hi r.ichi, did CO contact you on this and explain what functional english is? I am sharing your concern now as my wife got 5.5 on average but her lst was just 4.0.

Not yet. But I got some assistance from an agent and she explained me that should be fine with the overall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not yet. But I got some assistance from an agent and she explained me that should be fine with the overall.
Yes, someone told me not to refer to the information on DOHA website but i still worried about this. Just want to get a DG asap.
Yeah! I contacted the DHA and they have no idea what is the functional english and the website is not very clear, as mentioned before, functional is the only one which mentions “average”... I am still waiting for the answer from the CO, but i am quite confident that they will accept the overall.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts