Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dears,

IELTS exam score is valid for two years right ?, but should i ask the test center to send the score report to engineers Australia and the Australian embassy as well or I can take two copies of the score report and send it to engineers Australia and after that send it to the immigration embassy in Egypt ! thxx in advance

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi mike129,

doesn't EA process your skills assessment electronically? If yes, it will be sufficient to get a certified copy of your result letter and upload the scan. Same for DIBP if you apply for a subcategory that is processed electronically.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
748 Posts
Dears,

IELTS exam score is valid for two years right ?, but should i ask the test center to send the score report to engineers Australia and the Australian embassy as well or I can take two copies of the score report and send it to engineers Australia and after that send it to the immigration embassy in Egypt ! thxx in advance
Normally, two copies of IELTS score reports are NOT released to the candidate as per the IELTS regulations. However test centre is willing to send up to 5 copies to organizations/institutions of the candidate's choice.

EA does NOT accept certified copies of IELTS. You need to arrange an original copy to be sent via the test centre.

·
Registered
748 Posts
doesn't EA process your skills assessment electronically?
EA does not process skills assessment electronically. We need to send printed/scanned copies of all the documents.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Normally, two copies of IELTS score reports are NOT released to the candidate as per the IELTS regulations. However test centre is willing to send up to 5 copies to organizations/institutions of the candidate's choice.

EA does NOT accept certified copies of IELTS. You need to arrange an original copy to be sent via the test centre.
thxxxxx a lot for your reply ,but for how long would engineers Australia keep my score report , just in case i got delayed preparing my CDR report and gathering the payslips , experience letters ? also for the Australian embassy how long would they keep it ?

·
Registered
427 Posts

It's odd they want an original copy from the test centre. The IELTS report at the bottom states that if they want to verify the genuineness of the document, they could visit some link given there and check (only valid organizations would have access to that site but I would imagine that EA would be one of the organizations with access to that site).

·
Registered
748 Posts
thxxxxx a lot for your reply ,but for how long would engineers Australia keep my score report , just in case i got delayed preparing my CDR report and gathering the payslips , experience letters ? also for the Australian embassy how long would they keep it ?
Any document that you submit to EA is NOT returned back to you. You don't need to give DIAC the original IELTS test report to the best of my knowledge.

You get one test report from IELTS via mail. You should keep that with you.

·
Registered
748 Posts
It's odd they want an original copy from the test centre. The IELTS report at the bottom states that if they want to verify the genuineness of the document, they could visit some link given there and check (only valid organizations would have access to that site but I would imagine that EA would be one of the organizations with access to that site).
I don't even understand why they can't do the whole assessment process electronically. Regarding IELTS, it is specifically mentioned in their migration skills assessment booklet that they need the original IELTS report. Not sure why.

Reactions: rahulreshu
1 - 8 of 8 Posts