Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I attempted IELTS academic module second time through IDP after I fell .5 less in speaking at my first attempt through British council (S 5.5, L 7, R 6.5, W 6.5 and overall 6.5). I am trying for PhD in Australia, where I need overall 6.5 and minimum 6 in each band. But this time my bad luck turned towards writing where it turned out to .5 less to 6. This time my scores are: R 7.5, S 6, L 6.5 and W 5.5 with overall band 6.5. I am quite sure I will not get at least <6 in writing and so I went for revaluation. I have applied on Aug 7-2013 and awaiting for results. I am going impatient in this and I know I have to wait 6-8 weeks. But how are the chances of increasing my score and if not I will loss my deadlines to admission.

Anyhow, there are few posts that are discussing on the same post but they are old. I request any of the recent candidates who have applied for revaluation and share their ideas here regarding their scores and the time to receive the results. Also, How the results will be dispatched, Do I get any mail or SMS before I get scorecard or I have to see my results directly on my score card mailed to my address. It could be very nice if IDP have provided some links to check status of our enquiry.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Help on Enquiry on Results (EOR)

Hi,

I too have applied for EOR through IDP on 30th of October 2013. Can you tell me if you received your results? How long did it take and is there any way to track it?

L:7,R:7:S:7.5W:6.5

Thanks for your help.

Dear all,

I attempted IELTS academic module second time through IDP after I fell .5 less in speaking at my first attempt through British council (S 5.5, L 7, R 6.5, W 6.5 and overall 6.5). I am trying for PhD in Australia, where I need overall 6.5 and minimum 6 in each band. But this time my bad luck turned towards writing where it turned out to .5 less to 6. This time my scores are: R 7.5, S 6, L 6.5 and W 5.5 with overall band 6.5. I am quite sure I will not get at least <6 in writing and so I went for revaluation. I have applied on Aug 7-2013 and awaiting for results. I am going impatient in this and I know I have to wait 6-8 weeks. But how are the chances of increasing my score and if not I will loss my deadlines to admission.

Anyhow, there are few posts that are discussing on the same post but they are old. I request any of the recent candidates who have applied for revaluation and share their ideas here regarding their scores and the time to receive the results. Also, How the results will be dispatched, Do I get any mail or SMS before I get scorecard or I have to see my results directly on my score card mailed to my address. It could be very nice if IDP have provided some links to check status of our enquiry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Really you have to pass these tough days to hear about your revaluation report. In my case it happened in exact 1 month 4 days (Sept 7th) to get TRF to my home address and as expected I got 1 band up in writing (bcz I am confident). Unfortunately, There are no ways to see the status of your quotation. As I was not urgent at that time I thought of not booking slot until I get a revaluation result. But I was practicing until the date of my reval results. So, I hereby suggest you that the chances are 50:50 (of course it depends upon your confidence too) and keep yourself prepared for alternatives if your results doesn't meet your expectations.

Good Luck

·
Registered
111 Posts
In my previous attempt I got 8.5 in writing and I've used the same pattern here as well. In fact, I got 7 in reading which I was wary of, and scored 6.5 in this, which I was very confident.

Did they call you or just sent you the new TRF to your address? How long did it take for the refund? Can you also PM me your Gmail details?

Hi,

Really you have to pass these tough days to hear about your revaluation report. In my case it happened in exact 1 month 4 days (Sept 7th) to get TRF to my home address and as expected I got 1 band up in writing (bcz I am confident). Unfortunately, There are no ways to see the status of your quotation. As I was not urgent at that time I thought of not booking slot until I get a revaluation result. But I was practicing until the date of my reval results. So, I hereby suggest you that the chances are 50:50 (of course it depends upon your confidence too) and keep yourself prepared for alternatives if your results doesn't meet your expectations.

Good Luck

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi i****, was it through idp? When did you apply? I applied on 30 th of October.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Was it through idp? Can you please suggest how to follow up? Did you receive any support from them during this period?

·
Registered
111 Posts
OK. Was it through neft or by check?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Amount was refunded directly in my account n I jus got the msg
Thanks Mate, I'm feeling a lot better now :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Please stop using text speak on the forum. It is against the rules.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had given IELTS (General) last year. I fell short by .5 in writing module. I knew i cannot be so bad in writing so sent them my scores for reevaluation and they increased it by .5 as i had good scores in other modules. On top of it they also refund the fees which you spent for reevaluation via NEFT.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hi,

I got my result today, scores are as below:

Listening-8.00
Reading-8.50
Speaking-6.50
Writing-6.00

I need 7 in all, do you think I should go for revaluation for Speaking and writing. I am not confident about writing.

Suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes you can. Writing is subjective and some other evaluator might increase your score. You need to spend money for that but if it works you will get back the refund but if it does you will loose additional money.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes you can. Writing is subjective and some other evaluator might increase your score. You need to spend money for that but if it works you will get back the refund but if it does you will loose additional money.
do they compare with other module scores before coming to conclusion?

i got 7776.5(speaking) today...thinking of EOR.

my first attempt was much better than this..

·
Registered
7 Posts
do they compare with other module scores before coming to conclusion?

i got 7776.5(speaking) today...thinking of EOR.

my first attempt was much better than this..
Hi , I also had the similar score. Did EOR through IDP. My score remains unchanged . You can apply if you are confident that you performed well and deserve a better score. Else it is a waste of time and money, rather you can prepare well appear one more time.....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts