Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

The Feb-08-2010 changes putting many of us in trouble. I wanted to score MODL points in order to claim total 120 points for DIAC 175 skilled independent application. But with the recent MODL removing made be really upset and now i am in two mind what to do.

One option for me is to score good score in ILETS. If i can score 7 (7 for all components), then i would be abale to claim 25 points. One question i have there is, Is it ok to do any of the IELTS ? (I mean GENERAL or ACEDEMAIC) ? I heard General test is more easier than Acedemic.

The DIAC site has mentioned the following

"The IELTS is a test designed to assess an applicant's English language ability. It has an academic test and a general training test – you need only take the general training test unless otherwise advised by your skills assessing authority."

In my case assessing authority is ACS. So is there such a requirement from ACS?

2231-79 NEC (JAVA), under 175, will it still be in the priority processing if i am going to apply by end of Feb time frame ?

Really appreciate some expert advice and educated guess !

Thx

·
Registered
233 Posts
only students applying for higher studies need to take Academic test in ielts.......others like us (migrants) need to take General test in ielts

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
and teachers take academic.. rangola is right, take general.. and its damn simple. we scored 8.5 overall.. (husband managed 8.5 in all nad i did 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts