Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for Australia PR and to get that I need to score 7 bands in each section of IELTS. I had attempted the exam thrice and scored 7L 5.5R 6.5W 7.5S, 8L 6R 6W 7S, and 7L 6.5R 6W 6.5S. Now, I'm feeling that it's quiet difficult to score 7 in reading and writing section.

I need your suggestion for reading and writing, does anyone think I should join any coaching center? if yes, please suggest me best coaching institute for IELTS in Pune, India.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm looking for Australia PR and to get that I need to score 7 bands in each section of IELTS. I had attempted the exam thrice and scored 7L 5.5R 6.5W 7.5S, 8L 6R 6W 7S, and 7L 6.5R 6W 6.5S. Now, I'm feeling that it's quiet difficult to score 7 in reading and writing section.

I need your suggestion for reading and writing, does anyone think I should join any coaching center? if yes, please suggest me best coaching institute for IELTS in Pune, India.
Go for PTE Academic

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi gurumurthal

Why should I choose pte instead British council?

·
Registered
81 Posts

My friend, looking at your results I can say you are at above level 6. you don't need to worry much.....practice regularly and sit for consecutive test dates.....you might find the topic you are familiar with in one of those tests and can score more.....Coaching centers are usually for amateurs....you need private attention if you need any....I also got 6.5 in my first two attempts....but I practiced the reading and writing section for 3 months....and I cleared those section as well...you can gather the mock test papers from the coaching centers and try them for yourselves.....I used to do that....The topics were up to dated with the exam papers so I found those very helpful....Best of luck...

Reactions: superm

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for you reply

·
Registered
1 Posts
My friend, looking at your results I can say you are at above level 6. you don't need to worry much.....practice regularly and sit for consecutive test dates.....you might find the topic you are familiar with in one of those tests and can score more.....Coaching centers are usually for amateurs....you need private attention if you need any....I also got 6.5 in my first two attempts....but I practiced the reading and writing section for 3 months....and I cleared those section as well...you can gather the mock test papers from the coaching centers and try them for yourselves.....I used to do that....The topics were up to dated with the exam papers so I found those very helpful....Best of luck...
BRO i have 2 ask some query related to my case.as i submit my case for skill assessment in 2010 as a accountant but didn't do IELTS @ that time.my assessment was not positive & they ask me to study few more subjects.last month i again applied for skill assessment with the required documents & get my skill assessment positive.
i need to know when i got my skill assessment positive now will i do academic IELTS or G.T IELTS?in 2010 there is no requirement of IELTS for skill assessment.
secondly if my points are 60 without IELTS will be its ok or i must get 7 band in each module?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hi Ravi, looking at your scores it is clear that you just need a small push to cross 7. I would suggest you should go for a coaching, which will help you to identify where you are going wrong. When you try doing it yourself, you always feel you are doing well. You need someone who can give specific feedback.

I suggest check out on "Let's Talk", they have some decent trainers, and most of the times they would not have more than 2-3 students, so you would get personalized attention.

Best wishes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts