Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I know there has been a few threads regarding IELTS but I remain without 100% clarification and I would appreciate someone answering the following:

My wife, stepdaughter (13 years) and I (British national) will be relocating to the UK next year.

Q1 - can my wife take the general training IELTS or does she have to take the academic version?

Q2 - does my stepdaughter have to take an IELTS? She currently schools in an English school which operates on an English curriculum.

Advice would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Joe

·
Registered
51 Posts
Im unsure if your stepdaughter has to take the IELTS, hopefully someone else can help you with that one.

If your wife is applying for a spouse visa and she isn't from an English speaking country she can take either the academic or the general, it doesn't matter which of the two she takes as long as she scores a 4.0 or above in listening and speaking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response GABII,

Ghana's official government language is English, is there a list of counties that do not have to take the English requirement, in order to fully confirm?

Joe

·
Registered
39,124 Posts
Only those applying for visa as spouse or partner need to meet the English requirement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.