Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I would like to ask for an advice about my category score in my IELTS. These are my score, please see below:

W-5.5
L-6(higher)
R-6(higher)
S-7(higher)

I am applying for visa 489 for i had a relative living already. Does it affect my points system in my EOI??

Hoping for a positive response with you guys and some enlightenment regarding my inquiry. Thanks a lot in advance..

·
Registered
25,780 Posts
Hi All,

I would like to ask for an advice about my category score in my IELTS. These are my score, please see below:

W-5.5
L-6(higher)
R-6(higher)
S-7(higher)

I am applying for visa 489 for i had a relative living already. Does it affect my points system in my EOI??

Hoping for a positive response with you guys and some enlightenment regarding my inquiry. Thanks a lot in advance..
You are awarded 10 extra points if you have a relative living in the state provided you meet all the other criteria also

You can check your points table here

https://www.acacia-au.com/skilled-migration-points-test.php

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi All,

W-5.5
L-6(higher)
R-6(higher)
S-7(higher)

Hi,

Once of the basic requirements for a 489 visa is 'Competent English' 6 is all modules.

Best of luck.

Regards,

·
Registered
25,780 Posts
So meaning, i can not apply for that visa 489? for i have a 5.5 writing category score. please let me advice on that inquiry.
You cannot apply if even in a single module your score is below 6 and your writing score is 5.5
You should practice and give the test again to achieve 6 in all modules

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
So meaning, i can not apply for that visa 489? for i have a 5.5 writing category score. please let me advice on that inquiry.

Hi, newbienz has answered your question correctly.

Further, also see below extract from immigration website regarding the English requirement (last point) for 489

Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
Eligibility

Invited Pathway
•been nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible
by an eligible relative
•have an occupation that is on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations
•have a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
•satisfy a points test requirement
•be under 50 years of age
•have Competent English.

To prove that you have competent English you must provide evidence of one of the following:
You have achieved a score of at least 6 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) in an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.