Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just got the result of my 3rd attempt to IELTS General. I got 6 in Listening and 7+ in each of the other modules. This is the same result I am getting in all my attempts. I need to get 7 band in each to cross the points 60 barrier (for 189). My current points are 55.

Now I have 3 questions:

- Is it possible to claim 5 marks for state sponsorship under 189?? Or I will have to go for 190 in case of state sponsorship?

- I have already got positively assessed for 263111 by ACS later last year. If I go for another job code and contact another body (other than ACS) for assessment, would it be okay and not create problems in future?

- Is there ANY, just ANY, workaround by which I can avoid IELTS 7 bands each and make my points 60 for visa 189?

Below are my further details:
Job code: 263111
Education: Bachelors Degree (Engineering)
Experience: Total 7.5 years (approx.) so far, 6 years 5 months assessed by ACS
IELTS results:
(1) L6, R7, W7.5, S7.5 ;
(2) L5.5, R7, W7, S7 ;
(3) L6, R7.5, W7.5, S7

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi afzal067,
1) To get the state sponsorship points you will have to go the 190 route and will have a two year committment to the state which nominates you.

2) It should not be problem to get your skills assessed through another body.

3) There is no workaround for IELTS. You will have to score 7 bands in all sections.

Just a couple of things:
How much time difference is there between all the three attempts?
Your score will only increase after considerable amount of practice n focus on the listening section.
Try and attempt the test only after practicing and taking up sm mock test yourself. Analyse your score after every mock attempt.

All the best!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi afzal067,
1) To get the state sponsorship points you will have to go the 190 route and will have a two year committment to the state which nominates you.

2) It should not be problem to get your skills assessed through another body.

3) There is no workaround for IELTS. You will have to score 7 bands in all sections.

Just a couple of things:
How much time difference is there between all the three attempts?
Your score will only increase after considerable amount of practice n focus on the listening section.
Try and attempt the test only after practicing and taking up sm mock test yourself. Analyse your score after every mock attempt.

All the best!!
Hmm... you've got a good point here. The difference in each of my attempt was although 1-2 months, but I guess I didn't practice as much as I should have. Listening is the hardest to improve... at least it's proving so for me :'(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nope....its not dat difficult.....just by simply practicing.....on a daily basis.....i have managed to score 9 in listening and 8.5 in other 3....so you can do it too......Go for it Afzal...n crack it......

·
Registered
350 Posts
The only workaround I see is for you enroll in an IELTS prepatory course in your country.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts