Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

We are planning for New Zealand SMC. Our points are 145, but I need suggestions for following points:

1- A 3-years bachelor degree will get which level?
2- After EOI selection, can they ask for IELTS (Please share your experience)?
3- After ITA, do they conduct interview (Please share your experience)?

Thanks,

Mr. and Mrs. Atif

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Dear All, We are planning for New Zealand SMC. Our points are 145, but I need suggestions for following points: 1- A 3-years bachelor degree will get which level? 2- After EOI selection, can they ask for IELTS (Please share your experience)? 3- After ITA, do they conduct interview (Please share your experience)? Thanks, Mr. and Mrs. Atif
Hi,

1. Bachelors degree should attain level 7 - 50 points but all depends on the quality of the study and university of course.
The qualification and the awarding university must be exempt from assessment or be assessed by NZQA to guarantee the equivalent level you can claim. You can't just assume.

2. No Immigration will not ask for IELTS after EOI selection. Proving you meet the English language requirements is something you must provide after receiving ITA. It forms part of your formal residency application.

3. Yes Immigration do conduct interviews after ITA but this is the final step in the visa process so it will be a while before this would happen and assumes you get over all the other hurdles. Immigration will interview applicants without job offers. Don't think they interview applications with job offers.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear escapedtonz,

Thanks a lot for your detailed response. Can you please guess some points which are basis for decline of visa after ITA.

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Dear escapedtonz, Thanks a lot for your detailed response. Can you please guess some points which are basis for decline of visa after ITA.
ITA is given to applicants who have had their EOI selected, and the EOI has been through preliminary checking and selected as reasonable.
Once ITA received, an applicant must provide all necessary evidence to prove they can claim the points on the EOI.
Visa can and will be declined if immigration are not happy with any of your evidence in any part of your EOI claim.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NZQR and PAR

Can any one tell me if someone experienced a different report in PAR and NZQR. May be in PAR they rated your degree as level 5 for bachelor degree and when you did it with NZQR they rated the same degree as level 7.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts