Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Living in Canada, From the UK.

I've just started to get together the documentation I need to apply for Express Entry (And PNP Tech Pilot).

I can't officially start the process until August when I have 1 year of work experience with my company, (For PNP), but I can start being organised ahead of time.

Can I confirm a few things, firstly I am not particularly proficient in English literature and am finding the IELTS practice questions hard. (they seem tricky to me! At least, the reading section is hard). Is this a good source of practice exams that I can rely on? https://ieltsforfree.com/

Secondly. Is IELTS even the best choice for and English Citizen, would CELPIP be any different?

Finally, my secondary school sent me an email confirming the exam boards used for each of the GCSE exams. (AQA and EDEXCEL) I need a highschool diploma to prove my education. I have the option to send this to a third party for verification, is this something that I HAVE to do? Does it have to undergo a verification process first?

They can send me a Certified Statement of Results, and additionally to a 3rd party, a Confirmation Letter.

Does anyone have experience on what Secondary School documents the visa guys need from me?

Thanks!
Simon

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep Its so stupid! And native English speakers can fail it because the questions are subjective and at times a little unfair. For the listening exam they expect you to be able to hear to a recording once (sometimes over a minute long) and then answer several questions about what the speaker is saying. The hard part comes when the question paraphrases what they've said, and asks an indirect question based on the speakers language. For example:

Snippet:
"Now, the main difference between marketing a product and a service is that the customers cannot understand exactly what the service will be. They can see a product and can comprehend exactly what that product will do for them. A service is more intangible — by that I mean whatever each customer gains from the service is often very personal. For example, with a travel agency....... Other such service industries, have an extremely difficult job in satisfying a range of customers from diverse backgrounds with different expectations."
Question: "Selling a product is easier because it is ______ and customers do not have such different ____

Answer: "Tangible", and "Expectations".

Thats goddamn difficult when you don't even see the question until after you've heard the recording.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Yep Its so stupid! And native English speakers can fail it because the questions are subjective and at times a little unfair. For the listening exam they expect you to be able to hear to a recording once (sometimes over a minute long) and then answer several questions about what the speaker is saying. The hard part comes when the question paraphrases what they've said, and asks an indirect question based on the speakers language. For example:

Snippet:

Question: "Selling a product is easier because it is ______ and customers do not have such different ____

Answer: "Tangible", and "Expectations".

Thats goddamn difficult when you don't even see the question until after you've heard the recording.

We have slightly different perspectives. I'm a professor and I teach English as a Second Language so I had no issues with that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.