Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy

I appeared in IELTS General some weeks ago but did not get required band in reading, i want to know Is Academic IELTS is acceptable for immigration? I know it's a bit difficult.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yes i know reading is difficult but getting 6 band is easy, i have to answer 24 or 25 answers correct to get 6.
Did you fail to achieve 6 in general and you think it's much easier to get it in the academic? Well it's good to be optimistic but realistically you will see it might not be that easy...
And don't forget that you'll need to get at least 6 in the other modules as well.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you fail to achieve 6 in general and you think it's much easier to get it in the academic? Well it's good to be optimistic but realistically you will see it might not be that easy...
And don't forget that you'll need to get at least 6 in the other modules as well.
I got 5.5 in reading and 7 in rest, twice in general but want to go for academic this time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got 5.5 in reading and 7 in rest, twice in general but want to go for academic this time.
Based on that, how can you be so sure that achieving 6 in reading (academic) would be easy. I am sorry but I don't see the logic in your reasoning.

I would still advice you to sit the general again. Good luck.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Based on that, how can you be so sure that achieving 6 in reading (academic) would be easy. I am sorry but I don't see the logic in your reasoning.

I would still advice you to sit the general again. Good luck.
shafaqat309.......

ITs better to try again in General so that a big chance to win this game rather than Academic
Thankyou
hari999999

·
Registered
57 Posts
IELTS general training is easier than academic so if you didn't make twice for the reading in general, the chances that you may not make it for the academic is dominant, you better head to sit for General for a third time and you will probably benefit from your two trials earlier to get over it this time, best of luck.

·
Registered
502 Posts
i think the only differenace in difficulty of 2 IELTS types is in reading ...
dont go for academic if you cant pass general reading ...
general reading is the easiest thing ... i got 8 in it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
same here buddies, i got 6 eachband in GT, now i am think to sit for acedemic module. is it reasonable??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts