Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question regarding IED Waiver Request

Myself and my family (Wife and Baby) have been granted 189 PR recently. While we were planning to make an initial entry sometime in May 2020 the risk of Corona virus has made us rethink about the AUS travel plans especially considering my daughter who is only 1 year old. Hence we thought of applying for an IED waiver. Appreciate if anyone can answer the following questions regarding the IED waiver email. Thank you in advance.

1. Do I need to send three separate emails (One per family member) or can I send one email and request IED waiver for all members of the family.
2. What information (Other than the compelling reason it self) should be included? i.e. Passport number, Grant number, Full name, Age etc...
3. Should I attach the grant letters in the email?
4. Are the following email addresses the correct one's to send the email?
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Please note that our IED deadline is in Feb 2021 but I feel the Coronavirus may still be an issue even then hence thinking of the IED waiver request.

Reactions: gsrinivas

·
Registered
21,854 Posts
Myself and my family (Wife and Baby) have been granted 189 PR recently. While we were planning to make an initial entry sometime in May 2020 the risk of Corona virus has made us rethink about the AUS travel plans especially considering my daughter who is only 1 year old. Hence we thought of applying for an IED waiver. Appreciate if anyone can answer the following questions regarding the IED waiver email. Thank you in advance.

1. Do I need to send three separate emails (One per family member) or can I send one email and request IED waiver for all members of the family.
2. What information (Other than the compelling reason it self) should be included? i.e. Passport number, Grant number, Full name, Age etc...
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Please note that our IED deadline is in Feb 2021 but I feel the Coronavirus may still be an issue even then hence thinking of the IED waiver request.
1. You will have to send 3 separate applications..one for each member
2. Give all these details
3. You can
4. Yes

Cheers

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you NB for the clarifications

·
Registered
11 Posts
Would like to know if you have received a reply from them?
My visa IED (Initial entry date) is 1st April 2020 and am unable to travel due to corona virus risk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
GSM email address

HI,

Can anyone share me the GSM (General Skilled Migration) email id of NSW?
I am unable to travel to Australia due to corona virus and my initial entry date is 1st April 2020. I need to email them to request for extension.
I am aware of this email id : [email protected]

Thanks,
Bidisha

·
Registered
804 Posts
Reactions: KeeDa

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would like to know if you have received a reply from them?
My visa IED (Initial entry date) is 1st April 2020 and am unable to travel due to corona virus risk.
I have sent them an email no response from them yet. The automated reply email states it would take 28 days for a response if any.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the same concern, granted 189 visa in feb 20 and given 1year time to make 1st entry. I think i should also postpone my visit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you get any response?

I am also in the similar situation and we have booked the flight next week. IED is April 17. Am not sure whether the flights will be cancelled. Too much uncertain the situation is. I still did not send any email to DHA yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dear all,

We are in a desperate situation, someone please help.

We have our IED on 17 April (visa issue on 17 Oct 19) and we have booked the flight in Qatar Airways for coming Friday. With the recent threat in cancellation of flight and ban for re-entry to Oman, we are not sure whether we can actually board the flight and make an entry. Can someone help me on this tough situation? Will I get a waiver in IED at this last moment?

Please please reply..

I can’t imagine All my effort of 3 year struggle in getting this PR going in vain.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Dear all,

We have our IED on 17 April (visa issue on 17 Oct 19) and we have booked the flight in Qatar Airways for coming Friday. With the recent threat in cancellation of flight and ban for re-entry to Oman, we are not sure whether we can actually board the flight and make an entry. Can someone help me on this tough situation? Will I get a waiver in IED at this last moment?

Please please reply..

I can’t imagine All my effort of 3 year struggle in getting this PR going in vain.
I know the struggle is real but don't panic.

Each applicant who needs a IED waiver has to email DoHA providing details like;
Passport, DOB, visa grant number and a reason why they need the waiver.
You can send your email to any of the below address.

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

You can expect a reply back within 7-10 working days(this is not a official time frame but what other applicants have reported in the past)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dear all,

Please please reply..

Send an email requesting an IED waiver (Visa condition 8504). Include all visa applicant details. I even attached the grant letters.
I sent an email on March 11 and got a response on March 16 with a letter which includes all visa holder names.The letter states breach of visa condition 8504 will not cancel our visa's. Hope this helps.

I sent the email to the following addresses:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you get any response?

I am also in the similar situation and we have booked the flight next week. IED is April 17. Am not sure whether the flights will be cancelled. Too much uncertain the situation is. I still did not send any email to DHA yet.
I sent an email on March 11 and got a response on March 16 with a letter which includes all visa holder names.The letter states breach of visa condition 8504 (Initial Entry Date) will not cancel our visa's. Hope this helps.

I sent the email to the following addresses:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve sent the email today morning requesting the waiver, hoping to hear from them soon. For the time being, I’m thinking of canceling the ticket for coming Friday and will take a call on further travel as and when the situation asks for.

Keeping the fingers crossed.

Thanks herap for the first news of hope which I heard in the last 48 hours.

·
Registered
85 Posts

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

I'm in the same boat..we got PR 190 for NSW. IED is Oct 2020. And our travel is in May 1st week...
May I know from where u got these email ID's ...? I'm unable to find how to contact them..are these emails applicable for NSW as well?

Thanks

·
Registered
21,854 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all

Is there a template I must follow or form to fill out for the waiver?

Or do I just send them a "casual" email requesting the waiver?

What is best to refer to as the reason for the waiver - the risk of getting the virus, or the fact that airplanes are grounded/borders closed (not sure if they might come back and say it should be resolved in a few months so they don't see a need for the waiver).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi..
Did u get any response?
I’️ve sent the email today morning requesting the waiver, hoping to hear from them soon. For the time being, I’️m thinking of canceling the ticket for coming Friday and will take a call on further travel as and when the situation asks for.

Keeping the fingers crossed.

Thanks herap for the first news of hope which I heard in the last 48 hours.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts