Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My visa rep is applying for an IEC visa for me..im after sending my application off to the high commision in london and im waiting on the reply to see if im granted..I just wanted to ask is an IEC visa a good visa to have? Whats the difference between this and other working visa's? after sending off my application i was told i'll be waiting between 6-8 weeks to get granted,has anyone got it earlier than that?

Thanks in advance for replies.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
It is a WHV (Working Holiday Visa) for one year. A second year can be applied for if desired. It permits you to live and work in Canada when and where you want. If you wanted to apply for more "permanent" type status you, during the WHV time, could seek out an employer willing to apply for a LMO for you. I hope you didn't hire a consultant for this. It would be a waste of money, IMO.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a WHV (Working Holiday Visa) for one year. A second year can be applied for if desired. It permits you to live and work in Canada when and where you want. If you wanted to apply for more "permanent" type status you, during the WHV time, could seek out an employer willing to apply for a LMO for you. I hope you didn't hire a consultant for this. It would be a waste of money, IMO.
well i have a job offer over there and the boss is paying for everything apart from the flight cost.its a 1 year working visa..would hope for alot longer than that..whats the process for applying for perminent residency and how long does it take..what is an LMO visa?

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
well i have a job offer over there and the boss is paying for everything apart from the flight cost.its a 1 year working visa..would hope for alot longer than that..whats the process for applying for perminent residency and how long does it take..what is an LMO visa?
LMO = Labour Market Opinion. An employer would have to apply to G of C for one proving that a vacancy has been properly advertised across Canada and no citizen or PR (Permanent Resident) has applied for or was qualified for the position. If LMO granted (many are not these days) then the applicant would receive a TWP, usually for two years. It is during this period that one may seek Permanenr Resident status and subsequent Citizenship.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so can i apply for perminent residecy on an IEC,and does it take long?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.