Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

Myself and hubby have filed for GSM 175 today and officially got our ship sailing!:israel:

Now the big question is..."How to wait patiently for about 24 months???":confused:
I am an engineer(B.Tech : regular college) and an MBA graduate(distance mode of education : Retail management) from a good university. I ceased to work(once upon a time software engineer ;))since my son was born which was before 4 years.:eek:
Now I wish to equip myself to start a fresh career once landing on Australia? How do u guys think i should go about preparing myself for a new life there? Should i study/work/train myself in some new field, so that I'd be able to support my hubby (a mechanical engg) and 6 year old son after coming to the land of our dreams???:confused2:

Feel free give me tips/advice/new ideas as they occur to you...I hope the migrants who've already set foot there would know about what occupation one must pursue to keep oneself occupied n help in a fruitful way to the family. I dont have anyone outside this forum who can possibly guide me!! Pl. do suggest.

Thanks in advance folks,
Saradha.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Saradha

I was a marketing pro and now getting into administration line, i did a short term certification course in Business Admin, reason why i moved fmor marketing to admin is that it makes life much easier, while hunting for marketing jobs i was always asked for local experience and lack of australian trends know how. plus marketing jobs require extra working hours and i was not ready for the same bearing in mind, i have a 19 month old.

IT industry is very fast here, if you want you can get the ball rolling again, start with a part time or contract jobs, they are easier to get, well nothing is easy, anyways, do a short term course here in australia if you can, and while you ar ein India, keep checking what the requirements for IT professionals are, the courses here are very expensive, do as many certification courses from India and come.

as you say your son is 4, by the time you are here, he will be 5+, ready to go to school, which means you either put him in after school care or work only during school hours. the people here are very flexible, many offices have working hours form 7 till 3-4 or part time jobs are easily available. see what interests you teh most and start preparing for it. One thing i have noticed here, people change heir line of work every now and then, irrespective of age, i know a few who are 50+ and are studying to change their line :)..

all the best

1 - 2 of 2 Posts