Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who would like to join up for a chat and a few drinks maybe. Perhaps early evening at Barasti ? Let me know!

I'll be maybe (?) be sitting on my own looking hopefull

·
Registered
185 Posts
ok man let's go it i will bring my friend also hope all people here in this website to join us

give me a PM to kknow more about this meeting

salam

·
Registered
92 Posts
Anyone who would like to join up for a chat and a few drinks maybe. Perhaps early evening at Barasti ? Let me know!

That's next friday. what are doing this friday? wanna join us for movie and chat /coffee /tea .. ? by us I mean a group from this forum who met last friday as well.

·
Registered
603 Posts

Yeah do join us this weekend! We are also trying to organise a movie night. The more the merrier!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Did they make a party ? For people in from this website i didn't know about this
Some of us organised a meet up on the forum last week through a thread that you can find by searching for: The meeting people & finding friends thread

You re most welcome to join this weekend!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Justforus, I love Barasti so would like to join you and your hopeful look! Got a brunch to go to that day though, but if I'm still standing by early evening I wouldn't mind joining and I'll try and bring some friends from brunch with me. How can we spot you besides the hopeful look? Send me a PM and I can text you if we're coming??

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't do this weekend unfortunately! I thought that it would give people a bit of notice for next weekend.......anyone else make it next weekend?

·
Registered
92 Posts
What's the point of going to a movie as a group unless you'd get a discount?!!

It's an excuse to meet up and have a fun time. We will sit down for coffee and chat first, then go for a movie. I know many people who wouldn't go to movies alone, and this gives them a chance to socialize and warch movies "with friends".

·
Registered
182 Posts
It's an excuse to meet up and have a fun time. We will sit down for coffee and chat first, then go for a movie. I know many people who wouldn't go to movies alone, and this gives them a chance to socialize and warch movies "with friends".
What if the movie was about good guys bad guys and half of you supported the good guys and the other half ended up supporting the bad guys or EVEN WORSE what if it was about a "hate relationship" between a husband and a wife and then the women could be supporting the wife and the men the husband - this could really have you all fighting each other at the end.

PS- why would you need an excuse to meet up in any case? Why can't you just meet up with no excuse at all?

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
For a group of people who don't know each other, I would have thought that having watched a film together provides a good topic for conversation afterwards.

-

·
Registered
247 Posts
PS- why would you need an excuse to meet up in any case? Why can't you just meet up with no excuse at all?

yep u r right rod, it like this my friend told me he drinks so he can talk to girls... i guess for first time meet up movie is not a good idea. that's my take..... but it's betta than nothing

·
Registered
603 Posts
yep u r right rod, it like this my friend told me he drinks so he can talk to girls... i guess for first time meet up movie is not a good idea. that's my take..... but it's betta than nothing
BUt for some of us this isnt the first meet up. This is the second one or more.
If the [eople in this forum have got other suggestions then please come forward.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Why are you peeps so concerned abuot the meetup activity. That's not even important...just get out, get together and be sociable.

You can even play 'meetup bingo' and spot the questions that i guarantee you'll hear (e.g. where are you from, how long you've been in dubai, what do you do, how do you find dubai...etc)

Heck..when i was a newbie meeting up with other newbies, we just met up at a bar, sat, drank and talked. (getting drunk and dancing was optional, but highly recommended :p)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.