Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I have experience working in ICT company for 6.5 years in outside of Australia.
Although I graduated university, my degree isn't ICT field. (business administrator)

So, if I can pass the skill assessment through RPL from ACS, can I get 10points as I worked for more than 5 years in overseas?

Please let me know.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Yes, if the assessment results are positive for the nominated occupation and if your work experience related or closely related to the ANZSCO code then, you will claim 10 points.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Maddy.

According to my agent, I can't get the point.
Because after working in ICT company for 6 years, I am recognised as I have a enough skill through RPL from ACS.
We can count the length after recognising the skill...(?)

So, when I apply for subclass 175, my length of work experience is considered just 6 months.
It means I need to work 9 years, if I want to get 5 points (3 years work experience).
THAT IS ONLY FOR ICT WORKERS, my agent said.

I'd like to know whether it is correct or not..
Is there anyone who can get the point for all your length of work experience in ICT field?

Please let me know again.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Thanks, Maddy.

According to my agent, I can't get the point.
Because after working in ICT company for 6 years, I am recognised as I have a enough skill through RPL from ACS.
We can count the length after recognising the skill...(?)

So, when I apply for subclass 175, my length of work experience is considered just 6 months.
It means I need to work 9 years, if I want to get 5 points (3 years work experience).
THAT IS ONLY FOR ICT WORKERS, my agent said.

I'd like to know whether it is correct or not..
Is there anyone who can get the point for all your length of work experience in ICT field?

Please let me know again.
Your ACS assessment result letter if it includes your work experience as 'Assessable' and mention the no. of years then you are eligible for claiming the work experience points without a doubt.

If it doesn't state that and its given as 'not assessable' then you may not be able to claim the 10 points.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again.
So, it is written in the result letters right?
It means after I get the result letter from ACS, I can know how many points I can claim to immigration?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Thanks again.
So, it is written in the result letters right?
It means after I get the result letter from ACS, I can know how many points I can claim to immigration?
Yes, get the skills assessed first. Then you will be able determine on the PR points. The ACS Skills assessment results are valid for two years from the date of issue.

Good Luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.