Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a question regarding the Skills Assessment letter. I am confused by the wording and I am hoping it is a typo that can be fixed.

So the letter says (highlight mine) ........

The following employment after May 2006 is considered to equate at an appropriate skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 05/04 - 06/05 (1yr 1 mths)
Position: Software Engineer
Employer:

Dates: 08/10 - 03/13 (2 yrs 7 mths)
Position:
Employer:

My confusion here is that the "following" employment lists two of my jobs. One of which is between May 2004 and June 2005. However, the line above the lists says "following employment after May 2006".

My first experience is from May 2004 to June 2005 which is clearly before May 2006. I do not understand where did the May 2006 date come from. I was not employed anywhere at that time. My first job was exactly the category I have applied for. So I am not sure why May 2006.
My case officer wants to see at least 3 years of experience after May 2006. And with my second experience (which is now 2 yrs 10 mths), I am a couple of months short of the 3 years. If my first experience is counted then I can comfortably reach the lower bound.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Can this be fixed?

Thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
This is how they always respond. Basically, what they mean is only your work experience after May 2006 will be considered as relevant to your occupation(THis is after the 2/4/6 years deduction depending on your degree). DIAC would only consider your work experience after may 2006, so you will be able to claim only 10 points for work experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts