Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question on IT Security jobs(262112), heard from some friends that companies prefer citizens to take such jobs, is it true?

The profile that am looking at it is someone who is in the incident management space and takes care of info security risk. Would be grateful if you can give me the job scene in adelaide where it shows in the highly available segment.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Got a question on IT Security jobs(262112), heard from some friends that companies prefer citizens to take such jobs, is it true?

The profile that am looking at it is someone who is in the incident management space and takes care of info security risk. Would be grateful if you can give me the job scene in adelaide where it shows in the highly available segment.
Hi,
For government positions, they prefer citizens but all it depends on individual positions...

Adelaide is a very small city, security is a very niche area and the job positions are small in numbers. I am constantly following seek and it is not encouraging....

Reactions: sairavi

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bharanis, what would be your view on Melbourne? While the ceiling is at 1920, 288 have been invited, do you think we stand a chance for VIC SS?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In a typical year when should one start with skill assessment and go through the entire cycle before receiving the grant. would like to see the seniors recommend basis their experience.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think expatforam is the best when it comes to guiding a novice with end to end knowledge of Australia immigration.

Pretty excited to say that we are taking baby steps towards achieving PR, initially my wife and i were thinking of me as the primary applicant and since i was from learning and development - our focus was on ACT, but after doing a bit of research in this site and others came to the conclusion that learning jobs are hard to find in canberra hence moved the focus to my wife's area which is IT Security.

Happy to state after speaking to friends that we have decided on VIC SS, Melbourne also offers plenty of learning roles. Almost done with collecting documents, in a week's time we will apply for skill assessment through ACS with wifey being primary. The adage goes true in my case : "Ladies First"

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think expatforam is the best when it comes to guiding a novice with end to end knowledge of Australia immigration.

Pretty excited to say that we are taking baby steps towards achieving PR, initially my wife and i were thinking of me as the primary applicant and since i was from learning and development - our focus was on ACT, but after doing a bit of research in this site and others came to the conclusion that learning jobs are hard to find in canberra hence moved the focus to my wife's area which is IT Security.

Happy to state after speaking to friends that we have decided on VIC SS, Melbourne also offers plenty of learning roles. Almost done with collecting documents, in a week's time we will apply for skill assessment through ACS with wifey being primary. The adage goes true in my case : "Ladies First"
Good. Try to apply for any occupation that has less competition. Melbourne is a good choice especially for Security related positions. Good luck!! If all the documents are correct, you will get your magic email in less than year!!! Good Luck!!!

Reactions: sairavi

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bharanis, got a question on roles & resp document, my wife was working in the same company for 9 years, how do i show this in the document because she did three different roles,got promoted etc. do i give a mini resume? can you or anyone on the forum quickly clarify, since w planning to upload docs pretty soon.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sent PM...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks so much Bharani, uploading all docs tomorrow for acs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Applied for ACS today, thanks to Bharanis and other expat members, the forum helped us to take a decision against going through an agent. With the holidays in dec-jan, can i expect the result sometime in feb/mar?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Application is in stage 4, is it possible to get the results on or before 20Dec?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts