Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm filling out the i864 for my husband he's UK and I'm US citizen. I'm confused with part 4 filling out part about my mailing address my resident address as I'm currently living in the UK so do I just put my UK address down instead of my US address?

And the part about country of Domicile? It says in the instructions that it means your current residence and residing in the foreseeable future. Well I'm currently residing in the UK but we want to live in the U.S. And I still have my drivers license, bank account and permanent address in the states.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hope this helps

I'm filling out the i864 for my husband he's UK and I'm US citizen. I'm confused with part 4 filling out part about my mailing address my resident address as I'm currently living in the UK so do I just put my UK address down instead of my US address?

And the part about country of Domicile? It says in the instructions that it means your current residence and residing in the foreseeable future. Well I'm currently residing in the UK but we want to live in the U.S. And I still have my drivers license, bank account and permanent address in the states.
Hi,
I have a legal representative filling it out for me. I tried doing it myself but it is so dang confusing.

It's best to demonstrate proof of domicile to be in the USA:

(From the National Visa Center website)
If you completed Form I-864, I-864A, or I-864EZ and your mailing address and/or place of residence is not in the United States, but your country of domicile is the United States, write an explanation and provide documentary evidence indicating how you meet the domicile requirement. Review our FAQs to learn more about domicile.

Definitely show that you have a permanent address in the states, bank account and driver's license to make your case for domicile in the USA.

Hope that helps.
hulagirl :juggle:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I have a legal representative filling it out for me. I tried doing it myself but it is so dang confusing. It's best to demonstrate proof of domicile to be in the USA: (From the National Visa Center website) If you completed Form I-864, I-864A, or I-864EZ and your mailing address and/or place of residence is not in the United States, but your country of domicile is the United States, write an explanation and provide documentary evidence indicating how you meet the domicile requirement. Review our FAQs to learn more about domicile. Definitely show that you have a permanent address in the states, bank account and driver's license to make your case for domicile in the USA. Hope that helps. hulagirl :juggle:
It is very confusing haha. I'll just keep my mailing address and place of residence with my UK address and my domicile as my US address as I still have my drivers license and checking/savings account from the U.S. As it's still my permanent address.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts