Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been in the usa off and on since 1980 last time i was back was 1990
when i left to come back to california i was homesick so bad
well recently because of the way things are here in california ive been thinking of moving back.
im a mechanic and have my own shop but i know if i go back ill have to work for someone else i was wondering if anyone knows a good area where a european auto mechanic would not have a hard time finding work?

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi dingo,

Are you Australian or European (you mentioned European car mechanic and I wasn't sure whether the European was you or the cars :))?
If you're not Australian is your visa still valid?

Have you checked any job websites? There are some in the 'PLEASE READ....'sticky post towards the top of the forum that may help.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

Are you asking for advice on visas or just the best place to look for work? Do you even need a visa?

Dolly

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi dingo

ive been in the usa off and on since 1980 last time i was back was 1990
when i left to come back to california i was homesick so bad
well recently because of the way things are here in california ive been thinking of moving back.
im a mechanic and have my own shop but i know if i go back ill have to work for someone else i was wondering if anyone knows a good area where a european auto mechanic would not have a hard time finding work?

sure im from australia but live in Ireland now ,the gold coast in australia would be a good place for you as it has most of the rich there and the cars range from bmw's to lamborghini,porsche,and mercedes and heaps from eurpoe so you be in ur prime and thers always a chance of opening ur own shop again there cheers thump3r:)

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Here are some other locations:

Sydney North Shore and Eastern Suburbs
Melbourne - South Yarra, Toorak and nearby suburbs

Just setup whereever the most expensive real estate is in a city. Those who can afford expensive real estate can and do drive expensive European cars and need mechanics to service said cars :)

Good luck :)

ok sorry im an australian citizen and i work on european cars

1 - 6 of 6 Posts