Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I m applying for FLR i ve got most all documents just have some simple questions that confuse me .
1- do i have to provide a birth certificate and a police registration document
2- does my wife (sponsor) has to provide her original passport with copies or just copies , we don't have dependent children together but my wife she has two from her previous marriage

I posted in a group in facebook one of members said
"1 a birth certificate or police recheck or registration is not needed for any stage if the visa for applicant or sponsor.
Only birth certificates needed are if your wife has dependent children or you have dependent children together. Then you provide children's birth certificates."

If your doing postal she gives a full copy of her passport. Original not needed.
If doing same day she takes original with her x

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 No birth certificate. Police registration not normally required for family route.
#2 Just a copy of biometric pages if she is British. Her children need to be mentioned under the sponsor's details, and passports or birth certificates will be needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa , is birth certificate and passport copies enough or do we have to provide other things concerning the kids

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi,

If the kids are British, you don't have to send the both passport and BC - you can send the original full birth certificate only.

If you're doing a postal application, then you need to include letters addressed to kids' name, to prove they live with you and your wife at the same address.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.