Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best excuse you have had from an Egyptian for turning up late.
Yesterday I had a call from the internet guy telling me he was sorry but he could only fit me in at 9am today, I told him no problem (I am sure he didn't realise I am British)
So he finally turned up this morning at 10.15 a.m now I am sure I was his first appointment so he wasn't held up elsewhere, his excuse was....

Your street is very long:):clap2:

Maiden

·
Registered
47 Posts
My driver told me yesterday that he has worked many hours and wanted to go home to rest for the rest of the day. Well, he came to me at 1 pm and worked till 4 pm. That's 'many hours' of work for him.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
My driver told me yesterday that he has worked many hours and wanted to go home to rest for the rest of the day. Well, he came to me at 1 pm and worked till 4 pm. That's 'many hours' of work for him.
You can't blame the guy, the word "many" is used for any number of hours, kms, miles, ets. that exceeds ONE :love:

You guys need to know that for Egyptians?? there are almost NO professionalism at any kind of careers in here, people just try to do what they're hired to do, and they're always trying to do minimum duties for the maximum salary!

Reactions: iCaesar

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Deadguy

Lol You keep telling us we need to know this and that, believe me we do know.
Maiden
You got me smiling for a moment :lol:

I'll back off and start watching now on, may be I can learn something about Egypt :p

Good luck to you all in here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts